Astros get Greinke

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He spent years in the Dodgers system - I don't think the Astros are better equipped than the Dodgers in anything. Equal possibly but not better.

The 2019 astros are much more advanced than the 2019 dodgers and so were the 2015 Astros.

36 minutes ago, bmags said:

The 2019 astros are much more advanced than the 2019 dodgers and so were the 2015 Astros.

Says who?

No one is much more advanced than the Dodgers. No one is much more advanced than Andrew Friedman in anything PD and analytics in baseball.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Says who?

No one is much more advanced than the Dodgers. No one is much more advanced than Andrew Friedman in anything PD and analytics in baseball.

There was a big typo there where I meant to write 2015 dodgers, when Greinke was there. I do think Dodgers are likely closer now but still think their main advantage is being one of the best evaluators.

7 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Greinke is probably the smartest player in the MLB (smart's in this sense).

He started the deep dive into analytics before the Astros front office existed. He has very specific information he wanted to evolve his game and hes aged gracefully despite velocity declines because of that.

If you search you can find extensive articles and interviews from Greinke about how he bought into analytics and implanted them into his arsenal. The astros are sharp, but Verlander had declined as had cole - they both needed guidance. Greinke has stayed consistent despite his stuff diminishing and its because of his analytic process. 

I'll add that when I say he's smarter than their front office I mean in regards to knowing his game and understanding how to maximize his outcomes.

He is... The most interesting man in the world

On 7/31/2019 at 1:22 PM, daggins said:

lmao I think your team has to be good for people to say this

You don’t think we’ll be good in the next 3 years when most of our core are in their prime and we’ve filled holes with dollars?