Sox make no deadline moves

Sockin

15 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Maybe because that Aaron Rowand-esque OPS wasn't getting other teams to drop their drawers and give up prospects that mattered.  

Jose's OPS is .771  Tampa Bay added a RH  IB bat with an OPS  of .707. I think Abreu was only available for prospects that mattered and teams passed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Jose's OPS is .771  Tampa Bay added a RH  IB bat with an OPS  of .707. I think Abreu was only available for prospects that mattered and teams passed. 

Seems as though Jesus Sanchez was available.  Probably not for Jose, but perhaps Jose and Colome.  That is a deal I for sure would have done.  

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Seems as though Jesus Sanchez was available.  Probably not for Jose, but perhaps Jose and Colome.  That is a deal I for sure would have done.  

The Rays have too many pitching issues at present to mortgage the future on this season...and they know Colome better than the Sox, but, most of all, they’re not an organization that can afford to pay relievers $15 million over 1 1/2 seasons.

On 7/31/2019 at 4:14 PM, chetkincaid said:

I’ve been listening to MLB Radio all day and I’ve been in and out on 670 and ESPN Radio 1000. Out of the hours and hours I’ve been listening, I haven’t heard the White Sox mentioned at all. The irrelevancy is what kills me as a fan. No one cares. No one talks about us.

I see I have not missed much, but glad to be signed back in again.

On 7/31/2019 at 4:14 PM, chetkincaid said:

I’ve been listening to MLB Radio all day and I’ve been in and out on 670 and ESPN Radio 1000. Out of the hours and hours I’ve been listening, I haven’t heard the White Sox mentioned at all. The irrelevancy is what kills me as a fan. No one cares. No one talks about us.

This is the biggest drawback of a rebuild. Nothing the team does matters much until it at least goes over the .500 mark. We care about the team's future, but even the most loyal fan finds the club unwatchable at times. As I said in another post, the Sox were in no position to be active at the trade deadline. Why should anyone talk about them in that context?