7/31 Mets @ Sox 7:10 pm NBCSN-CHI de Grom vs. Giolito

Just now, SoxAce said:

Sox are now 1.5 GB of Pittsburgh for the 7th pick. I really don't wanna do another tank thread but I'm getting close....

Do it....this might be the worst offense in baseball now with Yoan out.  Tonight would have been a great tank loss if not for the debacle that was Eloy and Timmy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Sox are now 1.5 GB of Pittsburgh for the 7th pick. I really don't wanna do another tank thread but I'm getting close....

We may as well rejoice in the positives.  I think they can make the top 5 in reverse/tank standings.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Do it....this might be the worst offense in baseball now with Yoan out.  Tonight would have been a great tank loss if not for the debacle that was Eloy and Timmy

it's almost like getting injured in late summer kinda fucks your timing.  it is what it is.  I wouldn't expect either at full speed for another couple weeks.  Sox have to be healthier going forward it's just a fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's almost like getting injured in late summer kinda fucks your timing.  it is what it is.  I wouldn't expect either at full speed for another couple weeks.  Sox have to be healthier going forward it's just a fact.

Of course their timing is off. I still believe they have completely rushed Timmy for some reason and he is nowhere near 100 pct.  At this point in the season, they should be letting him heal as much as they can.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Of course their timing is off. I still believe they have completely rushed Timmy for some reason and he is nowhere near 100 pct.  At this point in the season, they should be letting him heal as much as they can.

They absolutely rushed both of them IMO. Eloy didn't even get a chance to have a rehab assignment. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

his ankle is healed but the only way to build the muscle back up is playing.  the amount of muscle loss in these types of injuries is shocking and they are the fine motor muscles around the joint.  you can tell he has zero push off it even tho he's probably not in much pain.

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He ate a big meatball sub for lunch and it didn’t settle right.  Better to err on the side of caution.

it's not PC but he's a fat slug and he is an OLD 63.  I honestly have a hard time believing has has the day to day energy levels needed to perform at a high level in his duties.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Of course you should do it. This team is toast. All it took was the all star break to get it playing horrific baseball. OK, plus a couple injuries.

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

That around .500 record was pretty unsustainable with 1 starter so might as well. Hopefully this is the last year we will be drafting top 10 for a long time. 

8 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's not PC but he's a fat slug and he is an OLD 63.  I honestly have a hard time believing has has the day to day energy levels needed to perform at a high level in his duties.

If true, having young arms to work with may not be a great combination.