Moncada to IL, out at least 2 weeks per Merkin

Jack Parkman

We never needed Manny Machado...somewhere I read that.

Well, somehow Luis Robert got over his constant injury problems, but doesn't seem like Moncada's going to be so lucky.  Is this the same one as last year...or earlier this season?  Impossible to keep track he's had so many "day to day" situations since joining the White Sox.

Yolmer Sanchez, like Adam Engel...gets an 8th cat life.

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

The good news is we were just passed by the Mariners in "win expectancy" and that's without factoring in Moncada missing 2-3 weeks.

6th pick in the first round projected

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, somehow Luis Robert got over his constant injury problems, but doesn't seem like Moncada's going to be so lucky.  Is this the same one as last year...or earlier this season?  Impossible to keep track he's had so many "day to day" situations since joining the White Sox.

The good news is we were just passed by the Mariners in "win expectancy" and that's without factoring in Moncada missing 2-3 weeks.

What would Machado have done for this team this season (and with the way things are going, next season too)? Talk about flushing $30M down the drain...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What would Machado have done for this team this season (and with the way things are going, next season too)? Talk about flushing $30M down the drain...

Yes, now Hahn gets to spend that Machado money on Cole.  I can’t wait for the offseason to start!

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Machado's perfectly capable of playing SS.

Then you would have Moncada at 3B, Machado at SS, Madrigal at 2B and Tim Anderson and Luis Robert in the OF...a MUCH better team with a true middle of the order hitter at the peak of his career instead of Jose Abreu.

We're going to need some serious depth in the future. Stuff happens and we've had some key key players miss some time. I don't know what the front office can do, but now that Tim is back Moncada is out. Eloy was out a while. I hope they expand rosters in the future. We may need to go two deep at some positions.

Should be interesting to see what Hahn does to put together a championship roster. No question we'll have some real studs but we're going nowhere without pitching and defense. Never forget 2005 and what those starting pitchers did! GO SOX! Heal well Moncada, you are a stud.

42 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You know, I'll never call for Hahn's job cause of the Eloy trade, but I can see why 'some' might want us to start winning as soon as 2020. Nobody ever said life was fair.

54 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes, now Hahn gets to spend that Machado money on Cole.  I can’t wait for the offseason to start!

I'm not going through all that will they/won't they bs again this offseason, following every rumor hear at Soxtalk....oh who am I kidding, of course I will.  I think I'll go follow Peggy Kasinski's kid on twitter now.

2 hours ago, gusguyman said:

Where are all the "He's just a wimp that can't play through pain" takes from last night? C'mon, take a bow ya'll.

I said that. This hardly changes my take. The dude gets knicked up and acts like he’s seriously injured frequently. It’s not really a bid deal, and neither is this minor hamstring strain. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I said that. This hardly changes my take. The dude gets knicked up and acts like he’s seriously injured frequently. It’s not really a bid deal, and neither is this minor hamstring strain. 

So did I and it's true. Been his M.O. for some time. 

• Like 1

You guys are morons if you think playing through a hamstring strain of any grade is heroic.  It's fucking moronic and how you end up like Chris Paul in your early 30s.

I'm glad he asked out and if it's 2 weeks it's obviously is more than just "tightness".  These next 40+ games are meaningless in the grand scheme.  Moncada has already proven he can handle 3rd and put up a potential 6 WAR season.  Let him rest up, get back out there in a couple weeks and finish strong.

• Thanks 1