Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KrankinSox

Hahn expects aggressive offseason

Recommended Posts

The worst part of the trade deadline wasn’t being unable to extract value out of Colome or trading away international bonus pool to dump salary, but rather guys like Wheeler, Bumgarner, etc were not traded and will now cost us a draft pick if signed.  Really big bummer there.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to say, other teams' version of "aggressive" or their version of "aggressive," which is having a seat at the table?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The worst part of the trade deadline wasn’t being unable to extract value out of Colome or trading away international bonus pool to dump salary, but rather guys like Wheeler, Bumgarner, etc were not traded and will now cost us a draft pick if signed.  Really big bummer there.

I guess the good news is the Sox will be bad enough that it still won't cost them their 1st round pick anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I guess the good news is the Sox will be bad enough that it still won't cost them their 1st round pick anyways.

Real question is do they offer QO for abreu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aeichhor said:

Real question is do they offer QO for abreu

Seems like that would be a bad idea. Would make him overpaid and he would definitely accept it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aeichhor said:

Real question is do they offer QO for abreu

No way in hell, Abreu would accept it immediately and they would have to pay him 18mil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

No way in hell, Abreu would accept it immediately and they would have to pay him 18mil.

I love how you refrain from criticizing anything and anyone except Abreu. I admire your consistency :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love how you refrain from criticizing anything and anyone except Abreu. I admire your consistency :)

I am just a contrarian. ;)

Criticizing the garbage on the roster like Reed just isn’t worth the effort and I criticize Hahn plenty, especially when it comes to their LatAm operation. 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will believe this aggressive attitude when I see it. Hopefully the White Sox are fully aware that they have to be active this offseason. No more prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackout Friday said:

I just hope Gerrit Cole has friends and family aren’t horrible at baseball.

You mean Brandon Crawford 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an epitome of a Hahn quote. "Logical to see a heightened level of aggressiveness this offseason."

1) This doesn't even say we WILL see a more aggressive offseason, just that it would make sense to

2) Heightened level of aggressiveness is a relative term, so it only means more aggressive than last year, which could still not be close to aggressive enough in the fans eyes

The dude is a master at not actually committing to anything he sounds like he is. I'd pay a pretty penny to hear his wedding vows.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Real question is do they offer QO for abreu

I hope not.  Mutual agreement on an extension or goodbye Jose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The challenge Hahn faces this offseason is the farm system is in really rough shape after you remove untouchables.  Just too many guys who regressed or got injured this year.  That puts a ton of pressure on him to fill a lot of holes via free agency.  If they’re willing to fund a league average payroll, then I think it’s doable.  But if they plan on filling major holes via trade, they’re in for a rude awakening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The challenge Hahn faces this offseason is the farm system is in really rough shape after you remove untouchables.  Just too many guys who regressed or got injured this year.  That puts a ton of pressure on him to fill a lot of holes via free agency.  If they’re willing to fund a league average payroll, then I think it’s doable.  But if they plan on filling major holes via trade, they’re in for a rude awakening.

+1. Wonderful post. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The challenge Hahn faces this offseason is the farm system is in really rough shape after you remove untouchables.  Just too many guys who regressed or got injured this year.  That puts a ton of pressure on him to fill a lot of holes via free agency.  If they’re willing to fund a league average payroll, then I think it’s doable.  But if they plan on filling major holes via trade, they’re in for a rude awakening.

Yep and it’s main reason I wanted Colome dealt.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

What an epitome of a Hahn quote. "Logical to see a heightened level of aggressiveness this offseason."

1) This doesn't even say we WILL see a more aggressive offseason, just that it would make sense to

2) Heightened level of aggressiveness is a relative term, so it only means more aggressive than last year, which could still not be close to aggressive enough in the fans eyes

The dude is a master at not actually committing to anything he sounds like he is. I'd pay a pretty penny to hear his wedding vows.

He's an unimaginative, big-talking pussy. But that's what his owner demands of him, so what can you do?

When this off-season again fails to produce tangible results, I hope the fans of this franchise REALLY start boycotting the horrendous product on the field. At some point, people will HAVE to realize that they are being scammed/played/manipulated by an empty soul who has figured out a new way (i.e., "the rebuild") of maximizing profits and selling false hope. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep and it’s main reason I wanted Colome dealt.  

I think they're gonna deal him in the offseason. Whether that is the right decision or not remains to be seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×