Madrigal Promoted to AAA

poppysox

• Heads22 changed the title to Madrigal Promoted to AAA
11 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He has a 8% walk rate, that definitely isn‘t poor plate discipline. He isn‘t Zach Collins, but not Tim Anderson either.

Is that because he doesn't foul off shit pitches to work counts, he actually gets hits off them?

11 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Is that because he doesn't foul off shit pitches to work counts, he actually gets hits off them?

Never missing makes it tough to walk, I'm pretty sure he's very aggressive in the zone though there's no z-swing info on minor leaguers to prove that out as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Imagine a Triple-A lineup if Eloy went on a rehab assignment and Anderson was still on a rehab assignment.

Mercy.

A lineup with Jimenez, Anderson, Robert, Madrigal, Mercedes, and Collins would actually be better than our current (non-Moncada) lineup with Abreu, Reed, Jay, Sanchez, Engel, Goins, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

A lineup with Jimenez, Anderson, Robert, Madrigal, Mercedes, and Collins would actually be better than our current (non-Moncada) lineup with Abreu, Reed, Jay, Sanchez, Engel, Goins, etc. 

Yup. I really hope they make some room for Mercedes/Collins at some point this season. Better to test the waters with those two now then next season.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

I've been to a few games where Goins has started and I've been pretty impressed by him. He's looked good hitting as well as at short and 3rd. 

15 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Yup. I really hope they make some room for Mercedes/Collins at some point this season. Better to test the waters with those two now then next season.

Yah, that's one of the biggest issues I've had with this season - especially after a 6 win July.  Why not try more guys out?  Now that the deadline is passed, why are Jon Jay and Welington Castillo still here?  Why is Ross Detwiler starting on Saturday? Why is Josh Osisch still on this roster?  I know Goins has been pretty good (actually thought he may be traded purely as a depth move for someone) - but again, there is really no reason for him to be playing at the major league level right now.

The tank is on in full effect - at least give guys who have a sliver of a chance to be a part of the future a chance.  There is no reason why Mendick, Collins, Mercedes for starters aren't here today.  And I'd much rather see Kyle Kubat get his tits kicked in than watch any more Ross Detwiler starts.  I know Flores is still working his way back from injury, but he should get a shot in the next few weeks too. 

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, that's one of the biggest issues I've had with this season - especially after a 6 win July.  Why not try more guys out?  Now that the deadline is passed, why are Jon Jay and Welington Castillo still here?  Why is Ross Detwiler starting on Saturday? Why is Josh Osisch still on this roster?  I know Goins has been pretty good (actually thought he may be traded purely as a depth move for someone) - but again, there is really no reason for him to be playing at the major league level right now.

The tank is on in full effect - at least give guys who have a sliver of a chance to be a part of the future a chance.  There is no reason why Mendick, Collins, Mercedes for starters aren't here today.  And I'd much rather see Kyle Kubat get his tits kicked in than watch any more Ross Detwiler starts.  I know Flores is still working his way back from injury, but he should get a shot in the next few weeks too. 

Well the only thing I can explain is the Detwiler part. Just way too many injuries, even beyond Kopech and Dunning or guys who would have gotten shot (like Stephens and Guerrero) pitched/are pitching like shit.

4 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Give him a month in AAA and then call him up in September, so he can get the ball rolling on 2020. Same with Robert. 

They will never call Madrigal or Robert up without an extension.  A year of control on premium players is valuable.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

They will never call Madrigal or Robert up without an extension.  A year of control on premium players is valuable.

I think Madrigal signs an extension, I don’t see Robert signing on. He just got $26M to sign with them, an extension would have to be big for him to sign.