8/1 Games

BamaDoc

so jenderrson caraballo, a 2016 signee that had a decent first year then disappeared, started today in DSL with a performance.

He never k'd many, but didn't allow a lot of hits and had a good era. No idea if he had TJS or what. Probably not that interesting anymore :)

1 hour ago, bmags said:

so jenderrson caraballo, a 2016 signee that had a decent first year then disappeared, started today in DSL with a performance.

He never k'd many, but didn't allow a lot of hits and had a good era. No idea if he had TJS or what. Probably not that interesting anymore :)

They list him at 190. Maybe that's what he was when they signed him. Maybe there is another Caraballo in the system, but if they only have one, the guy is much closer to 290. Just a massive human being

Here's a question for everyone: Rutherford or Walker, who is the better prospect? Both have been disappointing production wise this year. Rutherford is in AA , Walker is still in A+ and they're both 22. 

I've created a thread and poll for the subject. I think it is an interesting discussion. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Here's a question for everyone: Rutherford or Walker, who is the better prospect? Both have been disappointing production wise this year. Rutherford is in AA , Walker is still in A+ and they're both 22. 

I'd create a poll if I wasn't on mobile devices right now. 

Without question Walker. 

17 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I don't get why anyone would be down on Walker.  Dude can hit.  He's not gonna hit for a ton of power but enough to be a solid everyday big leaguer.  

I think we are gonna love his doubles power in a couple of years on the South Side.  I've been excited about him for awhile and now he's really starting to rake.  

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Without question Walker. 

I don't think that it is that distant. Rutherford outperformed Walker in A+ as a younger player and they've had similar power numbers. Rutherford had a higher BA and OPS than Walker has. Is there another wrist injury a la Madrigal that I'm forgetting about? I see that Walker has hit all of his 8 HR in 20 games in A+. Walker is older than Rutherford. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Rutherford is absolutely awful against LHP. Walker is nothing special either against LHP.  Rutherford really isn’t a prospect for me anymore that you can dream of.  Too many strikeouts for such little production.

Edited by fathom

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You mean like the Sox did?  Kidding, but their draft scouting of Collins and Blake was rough

Why do you think Hostetler got the Japanese useless employee treatment? I still think Rutherford has a smallish chance but he's running out of time. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think that it is that distant. Rutherford outperformed Walker in A+ as a younger player and they've had similar power numbers. Rutherford had a higher BA and OPS than Walker has. Is there another wrist injury a la Madrigal that I'm forgetting about? I see that Walker has hit all of his 8 HR in 20 games in A+. Walker is older than Rutherford. 

Walker: 9.0% BB rate, 15.1% K rate, .152 ISO, .294 BABIP, .760 OPS, 119 wRC+

Rutherford: 7.0% BB rate, 18.5% K rate, .143 ISO, .351 BABIP, .781 OPS, 120 wRC+

Not sure how you’re saying Blake outproduced Steele, especially when acknowledge Walker’s numbers are impacted by some BABIP regression carrying over from Low A.  And remember that Walker’s adjustment period carries a bigger weight on his overall numbers than Blake’s because he’s spent much less time in Winston-Salem.

• Like 1