8/1 Games

BamaDoc

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hostetler got a promotion.

Yeah that‘s an insane conspiracy theory. Same for proclaiming that Rutherford is a non-prospect in his first stint at AA. 

I guess it‘s not enough anymore to shit up Pale Hose Talk.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Walker: 9.0% BB rate, 15.1% K rate, .152 ISO, .294 BABIP, .760 OPS, 119 wRC+

Rutherford: 7.0% BB rate, 18.5% K rate, .143 ISO, .351 BABIP, .781 OPS, 120 wRC+

Not sure how you’re saying Blake outproduced Steele, especially when acknowledge Walker’s numbers are impacted by some BABIP regression carrying over from Low A.  And remember that Walker’s adjustment period carries a bigger weight on his overall numbers than Blake’s because he’s spent much less time in Winston-Salem.

I didn't realize that Walker has only been in A+ for a few weeks and I just remembered there was a hand injury that I momentarily forgot about that Walker had at OU last year. Hand injuries kill power for 12-14 months, as we saw with Madrigal. I don't think it's that close anymore but Rutherford still has a 10% chance because of his youth but he's running out of time. 

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

You are incorrect. I talked to him about it recently and multiple others close to the organization. Hostetler is moving to pro side. 

PR fluff. He got whacked. That is just their public position. Reinsdorf subscribes to the Japanese version of firing. They give him a new office with a better title, along with a pay cut and reduced responsibility. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

PR fluff. He got whacked. That is just their public position. Reinsdorf subscribes to the Japanese version of firing. They give him a new office with a better title, along with a pay cut and reduced responsibility. 

James knows his stuff....you should trust him

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...you actually think Kenny Williams got fired?

Yes. The only reason why he still has a job is because of a promise Jerry made to KW's parents to get him to forgo his commitment to Stanford and sign with the Sox out of HS. Kenny is Jerry's "adopted son" He might as well be The Sox version of Michael Reinsdorf. As long as Jerry is alive Kenny has a job with the Sox. 

Lip can tell you all about it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He only knows what the organization's public position is. I don't doubt that the information James has is their public position. I do have doubts that it is their internal position. 

He’s far from an organization mouthpiece. Either way, who cares about the reasoning now. There are a million other things to focus on with the organization.

Even if Hostetler was terrible at his job, he could still get a promotion from the Sox.  How is this a surprise?

Look at some of the Sox coaching staff and front office that have basically had jobs for life, regardless of the Sox record.

As long as you are loyal to Jerry...

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1

Guys, I'm not trying to shit up this thread there is logic behind my thoughts. 

I didn't know that Jimmy is a FS writer so I give the idea that it is a promotion a lot more credence. I'm still not entirely sure though because Jerry a bit strange when it comes to his FO employees. Everything I've heard is that he treats his people at every level of the organization like family and is an awesome person to work for. I have a feeling that it is really difficult for him to fire anyone because that is the type of person he is. I don't understand his aversion to paying on field talent based on this. It seems he keeps the bottom line and the the workplace culture in two separate boxes in his head. 

Jerry is a wonderful boss by all accounts and a mediocre owner for the fans. I honestly have mixed feelings about his tenure as owner because of the way he treats his people. We need more owners in every industry like JR. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I didn't realize that Walker has only been in A+ for a few weeks and I just remembered there was a hand injury that I momentarily forgot about that Walker had at OU last year. Hand injuries kill power for 12-14 months, as we saw with Madrigal. I don't think it's that close anymore but Rutherford still has a 10% chance because of his youth but he's running out of time. 

Walker had an abdominal strain in college, not a hand injury as far I as know.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Wow... Robert just made one of the best catches you're gonna see in quite sometime. And it looks like he hurt that same thumb from last year. He's staying in though.

He was wincing a little bit but I think he's fine. Smiling and staying in the game.