8/1 Games

BamaDoc

29 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Another single for Collins. Average creeping up to .280.

I actually agree with the Sox decision to let him finish August in AAA. Let him go through the International League one more time to see if his swing and approach adjustments have staying power. I didn't think of Skole getting the call in that way initially but when I came around on this idea it makes sense. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

Good for Collins!!  Parkman has him motivated 

He's going to make him look like Ron and Abreu (minus this year's Abreu) soon enough. Oh and that was a 95 MPH pitch Collins turned around and got. I'm liking this aggressive approach. Reminding me of Moncada currently. 

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Wow, really thought Robert messed up his wrist with how he landed there....PHEW.  Don't think the fanbase could handle him going down.

Still hoping it's nothing. He took an AB this inning and got good wood on a pitch but it was more slight warning track out. Usually he crushes it but it might've gotten in on him just a tad. 

Wouldn't mind Grudz giving him the day off tomorrow if he wakes up sore from it.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s crazy is there’s plenty to rip them for them without actually having to make shit up.  Just crazy how things have gotten around here.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, the Mets' announcers were claiming the White Sox were really dismayed with fans for calling US Cellular "THE CELL" because of the negative connotations of the South Side neighborhood back from the 70's and 80's., and more recent incident with the Royals and Ligues.

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He's going to make him look like Ron and Abreu (minus this year's Abreu) soon enough. Oh and that was a 95 MPH pitch Collins turned around and got. I'm liking this aggressive approach. Reminding me of Moncada currently. 

Ron stuck to his guns forever, I'm not blind and would be willing to eat crow if his adjustments work. 

It isn't flip flopping to admit that you're wrong. It takes a confident person to do that and learn from it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Guys, I'm not trying to shit up this thread there is logic behind my thoughts. 

I didn't know that Jimmy is a FS writer so I give the idea that it is a promotion a lot more credence. I'm still not entirely sure though because Jerry a bit strange when it comes to his FO employees. Everything I've heard is that he treats his people at every level of the organization like family and is an awesome person to work for. I have a feeling that it is really difficult for him to fire anyone because that is the type of person he is. I don't understand his aversion to paying on field talent based on this. It seems he keeps the bottom line and the the workplace culture in two separate boxes in his head. 

Jerry is a wonderful boss by all accounts and a mediocre owner for the fans. I honestly have mixed feelings about his tenure as owner because of the way he treats his people. We need more owners in every industry like JR. 

wow. mediocre owner.  that's the most positive things you've ever said about mangement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Collins swing does look a tad quicker

Not to mention he is much more aggressive. His hits were from an 0-1 count, 0-0 1st pitch, and a 1-1 count. Usually he would be trying to work the count and look for a walk. He's pretty much been Moncada in AAA so far.