8/1/19 Mets@Sox Gamethread extraordinaire

wegner

1 minute ago, Tomtom said:

4-16 since the all-star break - has to be the worst record in MLB in that span!   When you look at the upcoming schedule, it’s not totally impossible that this team will lose over 90 games!

I think the pirates are worse.

90 losses? They would have to play close to .500 ball to only lose 90

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He had good competitive misses.  

Before anyone laughs at this term, hitters swing at those a lot and they're really useful for missing bats. They're only competitive misses when the hitters lay off the pitch. The more a pitcher hangs around the plate, the harder it is for hitters to lay off borderline strikes. 

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Obviously not a good series.  The starts by Lopez, Gio and Cease are the good to take away from an otherwise awful series.  Next year this will be a distant memory.

I do love your non stop enthusiasm about the future, Poppy.  Keep it up!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Before anyone laughs at this term, hitters swing at those a lot and they're really useful for missing bats. They're only competitive misses when the hitters lay off the pitch. The more a pitcher hangs around the plate, the harder it is for hitters to lay off borderline strikes. 

Too late.

24 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Obviously not a good series.  The starts by Lopez, Gio and Cease are the good to take away from an otherwise awful series.  Next year this will be a distant memory.

Progress of the young players is all that really matter or mattered for this entire season.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Read has apparently been optioned to Charlotte.  Good riddance.

Stayed tuned for tomorrow nights episode of Ricky's wild lineups where you will see Jon Jay hitting cleanup.  Ricky has to have his Righty then Lefty lineup to mess with the opposing pitchers.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Stayed tuned for tomorrow nights episode of Ricky's wild lineups where you will see Jon Jay hitting cleanup.  Ricky has to have his Righty then Lefty lineup to mess with the opposing pitchers.

They face a lefty tomorrow and Sunday so at least there is that. Both guys just acquired by the Phillies.

Edited by soxfan2014

14 minutes ago, Dan of Steel said:

Lopez and Cease shoring up on the mound has been reassuring. 

But what in the unholy f*ck has happened to the bats? I think they've scored less runs since the All-Star break than they have games lost. 

Reed in and Alonso out is the only explanation.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

Oh, that's interesting.  Kinda forgot about him to be honest.

I like this.  Been curious to see Skole in action.  How we handle the DH next year.might be impacted if he can produce.

45 minutes ago, fathom said:

I get the feeling more and more that you only scout the stat line

Yeah...it's one of the things I look at.  Also try to read what I can.  If you watch the minor league games I guess you would have a better feel for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...it's one of the things I look at.  Also try to read what I can.  If you watch the minor league games I guess you would have a better feel for it.

He’s 30 years old, dude.  If “he’s on the team for next year!” then Hahn will have failed yet another offseason.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

He’s 30 years old, dude.  If “he’s on the team for next year!” then Hahn will have failed yet another offseason.

I was just accused of looking at the stat line so you know his age is a stat I am familiar with.  A 30 year old is not disqualified from making a team next year.  Frankly...I would have loved to be watching any and all possibilities instead of Reed and Alonso.