FS: White Sox Prioritize Savings in Strange Deadline Trade

Rankin

Platitudes such as "development isn't linear" and "critical masses of talent" start to ring hollow when the true intentions of an organization desperately wanting to change resorts to tired practices. There will be an influx of Cuban talent on the international market in the coming months. 18-year-old right hander Norge Vera and outfielder Yoelkis Cespedes could be declared free to sign during this current period. Taiwanese pitcher Po-Yu Chen could be available and isn't currently linked to a major league team. The front office decided to weaken their chances at adding potential impact talent to a farm system in need of it to seemingly appease ownership.

preach @Y2Jimmy0

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Texsox said:

Sigh. We can't have nice things (top free agents) because we are saving for the future seems hollow when they make this deal.

Thing is, from my perspective it's nice to get Nate out of the Sox organization. Sox need to keep it going getting rid of lousy players/pitchers. There are many to just DFA.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Thing is, from my perspective it's nice to get Nate out of the Sox organization. Sox need to keep it going getting rid of lousy players/pitchers. There are many to just DFA.

They could literally just not give him a contract in a few months to do that.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I wrote two paragraphs just now trying to explain to Greg why this is an issue, and for all the b****ing he does about Jerry, this is something to actually be upset about...but it’s just not worth it, nothing will change. 

BUT THE $40 HOT DOGS

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

You can't hate on me for Abreu with the way you have been towards Nate Jones during his career. You've hated on him big time

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You can't hate on me for Abreu with the way you have been towards Nate Jones during his career. You've hated on him big time

I have but I challenge you to find my posts and the tone will be respectful. I probably was 'nastier' though on Dunn and Rios. I've always questioned his ridiculous arm motion which screamed "injury."

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I have but I challenge you to find my posts and the tone will be respectful. I probably was 'nastier' though on Dunn and Rios. I've always questioned his ridiculous arm motion which screamed "injury."

You treated Nate Jones like trash. We all remember. I don't have to dig up and posts showing the beatings you put on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You treated Nate Jones like trash. We all remember. I don't have to dig up and posts showing the beatings you put on him.

You are crazy, sir. I don't treat anybody like trash. My criticisms of Nate were about his pitching motion and how ridiculous that was. And how as a result he was awful. The only praise I've ever received on here is that I am respectful.

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Nate Jones was far from awful. Injured all the damn time? Yes. Awful? Pretty damn far from it. When he was healthy he was statistically one of the best non-closer relievers in all of baseball. 

I just couldn't take him seriously ever because with the stress he put on that arm with that ridiculous motion he was going to get hurt, just a matter of when.

• Rankin unpinned this topic