AJ Reed optioned

mqr

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Did they actually have time after the game to tell him before this was published? Was someone waiting in the tunnel with a plane ticket?

"Hey AJ, tough day, we all have those............now get lost"

• Haha 1

He seems to be done.

Reed was an absolute monster in college. Posted a 1200 ops with 23 homers his last year while also pitching over 100 innings with a 2 era.

His start until high A was promising but the higher he moved the more he started to strike out. He still has some pop (28 homers last year with astros AAA) and can take a walk but just not enough contact and it got even worse every time he was promoted.

I think one of his issues is he has a long swing. He would need to shorten it up but of course this isn't easy to do without losing power. Maybe he just isn't a great batspeed guy and needs the swing length to generate pop. With his good eye that works at lower levels were he can wait out the pitcher for a dickshot but when pitchers start to locate with velo and spin he is toast.

Collins looked so bad last time here that I'm not sure that they'll want to call him back up despite his strong play since he was sent down. I assume they'd want to be able to get him more catching reps than he'll be able to get up here as well.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Collins looked so bad last time here that I'm not sure that they'll want to call him back up despite his strong play since he was sent down. I assume they'd want to be able to get him more catching reps than he'll be able to get up here as well.

Not to mention they face a lefty tomorrow (I think Sunday as well). But hey... the Sox (foolishly) did bring him up when they had to face like 7 lefties in a row so I wouldn't put it past them.