AJ Reed optioned

mqr

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

McCann could be headed to the DL as well. He took a beating the last few games.

If it were McCann you’d think they’d go with Collins. But who knows...hard to understand how they’d chose so Skole over Mercedes or even Palka. Fuck, if rather give at bats to Reed. Skole is 100000% a nobody. 

10 hours ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I think it's abreu, the way he has swung and missed lately has been sickening to watch, it is really sad to see to a really fine man.

Jose would be better off if Ricky put him in the 5 hole.  He is one of those guys that thinks he has to do it all himself.  Pressure he puts on himself is not his friend.

59 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Jose would be better off if Ricky put him in the 5 hole.  He is one of those guys that thinks he has to do it all himself.  Pressure he puts on himself is not his friend.

He has put up solid numbers and stayed healthy this season. I wonder how much McCann hitting behind him helped him this season but now that Mccann has sunk so has jose.  May explain why RR put Yoan cleanup recently to try and get Jose better pitches to hit.  

Like I said yesterday, it should be Collins or Mercedes. Since it is not, I don't really give a shit who it is out of Palka, Reed, Skole. They're all nobodies and each has no future with the team. Guarantee all 3 will be off the 40-man in November.

Edited by soxfan2014

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

You might be correct, but from day one since he got here it appears he has always swung at bad pitches, but it is him and only him that can be the one to stop swinging at bad pitches.

14 hours ago, Jake said:

Was Skole already on the 40 man?

At any rate, I'm not as down on the idea as others. I really would like to see someone other than Palka and I can live with the desire to call up a lefty. Makes sense to let Collins gets his reps at catcher down there and call him up in September. Skole has slowed down since his blazing start to the season but he's got some pop and has earned a shot.

He is not on the 40 man.  He was last summer, but was outrighted off the 40 man in September when they didn't call him back up. 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

See now this post makes sense . We shall see if the lack of DH has anything to do with the decision.

It very well may. You just know this place would be grilling the front office for calling Zack Collins up and having him sit on the bench 3 games in a row. They're already playing with a 3-man bench so having another guy who can play 1st or 3rd or take an at bat this weekend in a pinch hitting spot.

Edited by soxfan2014

• 2 weeks later...