5. Tor 61-91
  6. Sea 64-88
  7. Pit 65-87
  8. Sox 66-86
  9. Col 66-86 (0-1)
  10. SD 69-83
  11. LAA 69-83

9th is ok. Anything lower would suck.

I want them to pick 7th and not 8th, but it's looking like they're going to pick 8 or 9. Also worth noting, 7 of the Sox last 10 games are against Detroit. That could really mess things up. They could easily win 5 of those games. Pick up one vs the Indians and your'e looking at picking 11th. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

23 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

It's impossible to believe there could be 10 teams that have had worse seasons than this god awful bunch.  MLB has a serious tanking issue that needs to be addressed.  

Next year we will be gloating and looking down are noses at all these lousy teams.🙂

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 9/19/2019 at 9:55 AM, Jack Parkman said:

I want them to pick 7th and not 8th, but it's looking like they're going to pick 8 or 9. Also worth noting, 7 of the Sox last 10 games are against Detroit. That could really mess things up. They could easily win 5 of those games. Pick up one vs the Indians and your'e looking at picking 11th. 

Yes WE could.  The more wins the better.  This rebuild does not hinge on whether we pick 7th or 11th in next year's draft.  However, our record that indicates the progress we made from last year, could influence whether a FA wants to sign with us or with a team that has a better chance to make the post-season (assuming the money is comparable). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

Next year we will be gloating and looking down are noses at all these lousy teams.🙂

I have to say...I love Poppysox positive attitude...which seems so rare on this site.  Baseball is about dreaming what might be.  I've followed the Sox for 50 years and I've never been more excited for the future.  My dad started following the Sox when Ruth was playing RF for the Yankees...and he checks on three farm teams a night. Spring training cant come soon enough.  

20 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I have to say...I love Poppysox positive attitude...which seems so rare on this site.  Baseball is about dreaming what might be.  I've followed the Sox for 50 years and I've never been more excited for the future.  My dad started following the Sox when Ruth was playing RF for the Yankees...and he checks on three farm teams a night. Spring training cant come soon enough.  

I'm pretty positive right now, but talk to me in February. If Hahn and KW sit in their offices playing switch all winter again, the optimism will be tempered. A lot. 

For those that don't know, playing switch starts with one thumb in your mouth and the other up your ass......You get the picture. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Yes WE could.  The more wins the better.  This rebuild does not hinge on whether we pick 7th or 11th in next year's draft.  However, our record that indicates the progress we made from last year, could influence whether a FA wants to sign with us or with a team that has a better chance to make the post-season (assuming the money is comparable). 

Terrific post!

3 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I wish we could get that Ruth guy this offseason.  We really need a left handed power bat for right field.

1 minute ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

B Ruth-erford.  21 year old lefty right fielder.  Of course most on here have written him off as he's not an all star yet. 

Patience is not a practiced virtue on this board.  Although most of us feel waiting since 2005 is patience enough.

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

What about his makeup do you like exactly?

I dont love Rutherford.  Poppysox made a joke about Ruth looking good at RF...and I thought it was funny that we HAVE a B Ruth lefty hitting RF in our system.  I also dont like flushing a kid at 22....there's room to grow.