It's That Time Of The Year Again...

SoxAce

I am fortunately (or unfortunately as some might say) the guy who creates the top 5-10 pick status thread pretty much every year and with the Mets sweeping us, this was the last straw for me to do this once again. Anybody else feel free to update. 

With this loss, Sox (for the time being) just passed Pittsburgh for the 7th overall pick in the draft. The Tannnnnk link. The Sox once again are not far off from a top 5 pick. 

Sox play 6 teams over .500 this month alone (Phillies, A's, Houston, Anaheim, Minnesota [twice], Atlanta)

They only play 2 teams .500 or under this month (Detroit, Rangers [they're exactly .500 currently]). 

September isn't nearly as daunting, but with this team.. you never know. 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is it going to be another advanced college bat pick or is the next draft deep in high quality pitching?  Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

IIRC the top of the 2020 class is loaded with college arms. 

I agree they probably end up at 6 or 7 but I'd be stoked with 5. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

They can catch the Mariners. Maybeeee Marlins and Jays.

Completely agree. They have an outside shot at #4 (Jays). They ain't catching the Tigers, O's or Royals but they don't need to.

Blue Jays play the O's 4 times this week alone (6 times in September). 

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Completely agree. They have an outside shot at #4 (Jays). They ain't catching the Tigers, O's or Royals but they don't need to.

Blue Jays play the O's 4 times this week alone. 

Just checked. 10 left against the O's. But they also of course play the Rays, Yankees, and Red Sox a lot (23 games if I counted correctly).

For the rest of the breakdown:

6 against the Mariners

3 against Dodgers

3 against Astros

3 against Rangers

4 against Braves (awkward interleague rivals)

Edited by soxfan2014

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Blue Jays play the O's 4 times this week alone (6 times in September). 

Now, now.  Let's not be too hasty.  If the Sox continue at this .200 pace they are on, that would leave them with only 57 wins.  Just lose all those games to the Tiggers at the end of the year....

43 minutes ago, fathom said:

Early disclaimer...if you don’t care about the draft, that’s fine....but don’t ruin this thread.  Thanks

Great reminder fathom! Will help me avoid getting suspended! Thank u sir and I mean it sincerely. Is there anyway to pin fathom's post somewhere as a reminder?

Edited by greg775

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Why click on a thread you have no interest in? I don't understand.

First I didn't know what it's about. It's also the time of year of NFL training camps, of talking about expanded rosters, of kids going back to school, etc. Secondly I like to read people's opinions on all topics. I like reading opinions of people who disagree with me and I an open to all forms of opinions and revelations. I just shouldn't respond and I won't in this thread. I will read it but no posts after this one. Thank u.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

First I didn't know what it's about. It's also the time of year of NFL training camps, of talking about expanded rosters, of kids going back to school, etc. 

I literally posted "white sox draft pick status" underneath the title to give certain posters the heads up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I literally posted "white sox draft pick status" underneath the title to give certain posters the heads up. 

Maybe standings instead of status? I was thinking it was a prospect update. I like this speculation as well. 

29 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Why click on a thread you have no interest in? I don't understand.

Cuz he likes to troll.

Bring on the tank.  A good college arm that is near ready for the majors is definitely what the Sox need with their first pick.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1