Ricky's inspirational message on the line up card

harkness99

really put some juice in the offense!?

Man what a downward spiraling dumpster fire.

Yikes... I'm not sure I've seen a team look so different from one side of the all star break to the next.

Some of these coaches need to go.

Something needs a larger shake up than just the shuffling of shit back and forth from AAA

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

really put some juice in the offense!?

Man what a downward spiraling dumpster fire.

Yikes... I'm not sure I've seen a team look so different from one side of the all star break to the next.

Some of these coaches need to go.

Something needs a larger shake up than just the shuffling of shit back and forth from AAA

I certainly agree that it wouldn't hurt to look at a coach or two.  As I've said before...Cooper needs a promotion to emeritus status.

15 minutes ago, Cashman said:

I think he is suggesting a promotion in order to be "nice". He takes this promotion to keep the loyalty instead of firing.

No, he said emeritus. Emeritus means you retire but you simply keep a title out of respect for what you've accomplished. It's not actually your job anymore but it's like a title for life. 

Emeritus can never be a "promotion."

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, he said emeritus. Emeritus means you retire but you simply keep a title out of respect for what you've accomplished. It's not actually your job anymore but it's like a title for life. 

Emeritus can never be a "promotion."

Christ, you're argumentative. 

Yeah, he mixed up his words but his point was clear : move coop to a position of honor outside the day to day operations. Maybe pitching coach emeritus, maybe promotion to some new VP, whatever.

Your twin act of belligerence and then insisting you're one of the most reasonable posters here is getting real tired mate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

Christ, you're argumentative. 

Yeah, he mixed up his words but his point was clear : move coop to a position of honor outside the day to day operations. Maybe pitching coach emeritus, maybe promotion to some new VP, whatever.

Your twin act of belligerence and then insisting you're one of the most reasonable posters here is getting real tired mate. 

I'm argumentative because I corrected something that was factually inaccurate?

What is belligerent about correcting that? 

Did I call him stupid or attack him? No. Did I call him any name or take it personally? No, but you sure have.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Did I call him stupid or attack him? No. Did I call him any name or take it personally? No, but you sure have.

I'm a guy who actually enjoys about 45% of your posts. You have a level of baseball experience most of us don't, and I enjoy that unique perspective. I don't want to see you be the next poster who is infamously known by a single name and automatically dismissed.

But you get stuck in these pedantic, semantic, and/or circular battles, and seem to be unable to admit you ever even might be wrong, let alone that you are. The belligerence expresses itself in the fact that every post that disagrees with you turns into a 25 post slog of the same points over and over again.

Stop playing dumb, you know you have a tendency to sink your teeth in to every single argument. When new points are there to present, that is fine and fun. Learn to let go though man. What is the point of spending time on here if everyone ignores you, which is unfortunately dangerously close to the truth right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

45 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I'm a guy who actually enjoys about 45% of your posts. You have a level of baseball experience most of us don't, and I enjoy that unique perspective. I don't want to see you be the next poster who is infamously known by a single name and automatically dismissed.

But you get stuck in these pedantic, semantic, and/or circular battles, and seem to be unable to admit you ever even might be wrong, let alone that you are. The belligerence expresses itself in the fact that every post that disagrees with you turns into a 25 post slog of the same points over and over again.

Stop playing dumb, you know you have a tendency to sink your teeth in to every single argument. When new points are there to present, that is fine and fun. Learn to let go though man. What is the point of spending time on here if everyone ignores you, which is unfortunately dangerously close to the truth right now. 

I wouldnt argue for a second that in my down time I can get drawn into repeating myself - definitely happens and overly exasperates my point and drowns it out. 

I don't have a lot of time to post for long periods of time with work but when I post I tend to do it to kill time (either on my way to work or home, or on a day off) and it's almost like I try to present every thought at once. 

I agree with that... but this to me was not one of those times. Posting one or two sentences in a thread isn't that. When I allow and participate in threads going off the rails I am guilty of that but I've gotten better... still have work to do.

As to your last point, I don't really care what people take from my posts. I don't post to get respect or recognition. I do it because its conversing with a group of people who share a common interest. My wife doesnt want to listen to me talk about baseball all night and my family/friends arent always around so this is a gateway for me to dive into a topic I've loved since I was a kid. Nothing is personal for me on the internet. It's a time killing extension of one of my hobbies - sports/baseball.

19 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

17 hours ago, gusguyman said:

@Look at Ray Ray Run 

I enjoy your insight from having played the game at a fairly high level as well. I look at the game from a pure analytical and scientific POV because I haven't played since little league due to physical issues. You bring a unique perspective and it is greatly appreciated. However, you have to give us math nerds some credit as well. There is a place for us in the game, too. You can come off very arrogant at times. I know I can too but I'm not doing it on purpose. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

@Look at Ray Ray Run 

I enjoy your insight from having played the game at a fairly high level as well. I look at the game from a pure analytical and scientific POV because I haven't played since little league due to physical issues. You bring a unique perspective and it is greatly appreciated. However, you have to give us math nerds some credit as well. There is a place for us in the game, too. You can come off very arrogant at times. I know I can too but I'm not doing it on purpose. 

Jack, you've got me confused with someone else. I work in the analytical world and am obviously very pro-metric. Both have a place in the game, and I'll always lean on the numbers more than some faulty "personal experience" excuse. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack, you've got me confused with someone else. I work in the analytical world and am obviously very pro-metric. Both have a place in the game, and I'll always lean on the numbers more than some faulty "personal experience" excuse. 

You didn't play D1 baseball? I thought you said you did. Do you know who I've confused you for? sorry. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You didn't play D1 baseball? I thought you said you did. Do you know who I've confused you for? sorry. 

I'm saying it doesnt matter how much high level baseball anyone has played - a large set of data is more reliable than anyone's personal experience.

You learn things playing but I've learned just as much about the game since I stopped playing. That's all. I'm not a fan of people who shoot down others opinion just because they didn't play competitively.

Some of the smartest people in the game didn't play past little league. I'm very pro-player in discussions, but that's really where the bias ends.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

RH has already said if Coop ever leaves, and there was discussion about it a couple of years ago as he was having physical issues, Hassler will take his place. 

There is a lot more analytics in the White Sox overall approach than they are given credit. Pitching does seem to be a different bird.  Maybe that will change as their injuries are starting to catch up with the rest of the league. Also, until a new owner takes over, I don’t think we will see a White Sox team whose manager is told what the line up will be, which substitutions are to be made, etc. I don’t necessarily think that is a bad thing. Even with RR. Although last night McCann gets on, he of course bunts to set it up for Engel and Sanchez, which was curious. I figured maybe he would hit for Engel, but then McCann gets thrown out trying to steal 3rd, Engel whiffs, and then leaves on a double switch. Bunt to set up your worst hitters, don’t pinch hit and take awful hitter out of the game anyway. 

Edited by Dick Allen

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm saying it doesnt matter how much high level baseball anyone has played - a large set of data is more reliable than anyone's personal experience.

You learn things playing but I've learned just as much about the game since I stopped playing. That's all. I'm not a fan of people who shoot down others opinion just because they didn't play competitively.

Some of the smartest people in the game didn't play past little league. I'm very pro-player in discussions, but that's really where the bias ends.

Not directly to your post and I'm thinking more about GMs and coaches than fans.

A large amount of data is important to assess the past. But a sharp baseball mind can see changes that will change the arc. That ability separates the top front office types from the rest of humanity. You can think back to the halcyon days of "Coop will fix 'em" or the horror of "Walker will break 'em" days.