#FreeYermin

skooch

Nothing.  It's very strange that they are keeping 25 / 26 year old guys down in AAA like Yermin and Mendick.  I have no idea why they wouldn't be the first callups.  This would be a perfect time for them to get their toes wet in the majors.  The Sox can still lose plenty with them up as opposed to Goins and Skole so Hahn will get another good draft pick either way.  Not sure what Hahn is thinking here.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

10 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Nothing.  It's very strange that they are keeping 25 / 26 year old guys down in AAA like Yermin and Mendick.  I have no idea why they wouldn't be the first callups.  This would be a perfect time for them to get their toes wet in the majors.  The Sox can still lose plenty with them up as opposed to Goins and Skole so Hahn will get another good draft pick either way.  Not sure what Hahn is thinking here.

Goins has looked very good IMO.

Can Goins be sent down without going thru waivers?  If a contender has an injury, they can trade a prospect for a minor leaguer.  Just thinking outside, or inside, the new box.  Guess could move Escobar that way as well.  Won't be for much maybe a DSL type.  Could do with our AAAA relievers like Minaya etc

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Can Goins be sent down without going thru waivers?  If a contender has an injury, they can trade a prospect for a minor leaguer.  Just thinking outside, or inside, the new box.  Guess could move Escobar that way as well.  Won't be for much maybe a DSL type.  Could do with our AAAA relievers like Minaya etc

No, Goins would have to be DFAd to be removed from the active roster. I can’t believe I am going to say this - and to be clear I do suspect he’ll be released and removed from the 40 man after this season - but he’s controllable for 2 years after this one. Sox may elect to keep him around as a 25th man option heading into next season if his 40 man spot isn’t too in demand. Should be 20% the cost of Yolmer and Goins has been pretty good all year. 

4 hours ago, poppysox said:

Goins has looked very good IMO.

I've been very impressed with Goins. Doesn't look overmatched at all at the plate and has played a very solid 3B. That play he made yesterday on the throw from Garcia for the putout was not an easy play at all. I'm just ready to see some new blood like Collins and Robert, Yermin, Madrigal, etc...besides this stale AAAA crap they keep calling up. It's gotten stagnant. You're gonna lose some of the fan base if you don't pump in some fresh blood soon Hahn.

3 minutes ago, Wanne said:

I've been very impressed with Goins. Doesn't look overmatched at all at the plate and has played a very solid 3B. That play he made yesterday on the throw from Garcia for the putout was not an easy play at all. I'm just ready to see some new blood like Collins and Robert, Yermin, Madrigal, etc...besides this stale AAAA crap they keep calling up. It's gotten stagnant. You're gonna lose some of the fan base if you don't pump in some fresh blood soon Hahn.

Meh. All the fans will be back on the bandwagon next season.  The slight benefit you MAY get in calling elite prospects like Robert and Madrigal to the bigs for 150 at bats in 2019 is far outweighed by the benefit you 100% for sure DO get in 2026 contractual control.  

• Like 1

I have been impressed with Goins too, but let's keep in mind that in over 1400 career ABs, he is a .230/.277/.339 player, and he is 31 years old.  His career numbers are worse across the board from Yolmer's and he is 4 years older. 

I am firmly on team Yermin though.  Bad body and no position comments can go to hell.  The guy has done nothing but hit.  Why not give him a shot?

9 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I have been impressed with Goins too, but let's keep in mind that in over 1400 career ABs, he is a .230/.277/.339 player, and he is 31 years old.  His career numbers are worse across the board from Yolmer's and he is 4 years older. 

I am firmly on team Yermin though.  Bad body and no position comments can go to hell.  The guy has done nothing but hit.  Why not give him a shot?

Yeah, Yermin feels like a guy the Cardinals call up and would prduce. They have given chances to guys like him in Matt Adams, Allen Craig and Jose Martinez.