A fair and balanced soliloquy about Jose Abreu, by ron

ron883

I've been saying it for some time and everybody would clown on me. I said the truth about Jose declining, his defense, and everybody laughed. Well, look at him now. He's been absolutely awful and undeniably in decline. Even his most ardent supporters can't deny it anymore. Ron was right.

Fresh crow, served by yours truly. 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I've been saying it for some time and everybody would clown on me. I said the truth about Jose declining, his defense, and everybody laughed. Well, look at him now. He's been absolutely awful and undeniably in decline. Even his most ardent supporters can't deny it anymore. Ron was right.

congrats your watch is right twice a day.  and we have an active abreu thread where you could have swung your flaccid dick around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm not asking for a banning as I like ron, but if greg had started this many threads on the same issue ... buy bye for 6 months greg. I'm not going to make a comment as there are plenty of threads for me to talk about one of my fave players.

Edited by greg775

43 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I hate to say it, but is it possible that Abreu is actually a couple years older than he says he is? Because if that's the case, his sudden decline makes a lot more sense.

Uh oh.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm not asking for a banning as I like ron, but if greg had started this many threads on the same issue ... buy bye for 6 months greg. I'm not going to make a comment as there are plenty of threads for me to talk about one of my fave players.

Congrats on not taking the bait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I hate to say it, but is it possible that Abreu is actually a couple years older than he says he is? Because if that's the case, his sudden decline makes a lot more sense.

Lots of guys decline at his age.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea, it still rubs me the wrong way that they once again over played their hand with an aging veteran slugger.  Nobody wanted his bum ass this deadline.  They should have moved him anytime in the last three years and gotten an asset.  

Now they are in the horrible position of having to resign him to save face instead of just letting him walk like any GM and FO with pride and confidence would.

'his bum ass' ... really? He's not a bum just because he's enconced in a slump.

16 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Congratulations on being wrong until now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

'his bum ass' ... really? He's not a bum just because he's enconced in a slump.

he's enconced himself into the part of my brain that pours one out for all the aging sluggers I've seen the Sox run out like a tired prizefighter  -- tarnishing my memory of them as a Sox for no fault of their own thanks to shitty management.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

he's enconced himself into the part of my brain that pours one out for all the aging sluggers I've seen the Sox run out like a tired prizefighter  -- tarnishing my memory of them as a Sox for no fault of their own thanks to shitty management.

This. He's no better than Adam Dunn now

28 minutes ago, ron883 said:

This. He's no better than Adam Dunn now

What’s your opinion of Jerry Reinsdorf as owner of the White Sox?

Kenny Williams as Senior Whatever-He-Is and Rick Hahn as General Manager of the White Sox?

Ricky Renteria as the field manager of the team?

Your fervor in providing feedback on those questions surrounding White Sox baseball would be more valued than those too-often repeated views on the one guy who has actually given the franchise any worthwhile face value the past several years    

Edited by Thad Bosley
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Funnily enough,they  got rid of the one aging slugger who could still get it done in Jim Thome.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Congrats on saying he sucked 3 years ago (which is wrong).

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Funnily enough,they  got rid of the one aging slugger who could still get it done in Jim Thome.

Ozzie couldn't promise him ABs with Mark Kotsay around. That is one of the darkest moments for Ozzie. What a stupid, idiotic idea. 

10 hours ago, Sox72 said:

Since he wasn’t traded, I don’t see any reality where he is not back next year. If they don’t plan on re-signing him, then why not trade him for something-anything? They certainly aren’t in contention for anything this year where it would make sense to keep him for a stretch run and let him walk. 

I just can’t think of any logical reason he wouldn’t be traded if they had no intention on signing him for at least next year. Maybe the long play of keeping your reputation with respect to trades? You’d have to have faith in Hahn to think that way, and I’m not saying I don’t. But it seems a stretch. 

I have the same take on this as you do.  Perhaps Hahn will let Jose test free agency then resign him for a short and relatively cheap window while we wait for Vaughn.