8/2 Games

bmags

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I actually think he's up next home stand.

That would be awesome...I am going to one of the Houston games.  To me, if they do this they mean business in 2020.  Who knows if they can actually get a TOR starter or impact bat, but they are definitely going for above .500 baseball in 2020 if you bring up Robert this year to get acclimated.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Nah, I don’t see that. Agree with fathom, different circumstances, kid can hit but even offseason hopefully he can put on just a little bit more muscle, etc.

I imagine him up around June 1, maybe earlier if the Sox come out the gates strong. 

June? There is no reason at all to keep him down after the April deadline next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BFirebird said:

That would be awesome...I am going to one of the Houston games.  To me, if they do this they mean business in 2020.  Who knows if they can actually get a TOR starter or impact bat, but they are definitely going for above .500 baseball in 2020 if you bring up Robert this year to get acclimated.

Their inactivity at the deadline better mean  it’s go time

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Their inactivity at the deadline better mean  it’s go time

I look at it like this . There's no reason at all to prioritize the full control on Robert and Madrigsal. Since Moncada Giolito and Lopez are FA's in 2024 the window to a world title is before that unless the Sox have some more studs develop. The whole sustained success mantra is not realistic, Try to win a World Series in the next 5 years . Get Robert and Madrigal up now and get them acclimated. Start trying to win in 2020. Let the potential FA's the Sox might sign see them playand let them all play together asap.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I look at it like this . There's no reason at all to prioritize the full control on Robert and Madrigsal. Since Moncada Giolito and Lopez are FA's in 2024 the window to a world title is before that unless the Sox have some more studs develop. The whole sustained success mantra is not realistic, Try to win a World Series in the next 5 years . Get Robert and Madrigal up now and get them acclimated. Start trying to win in 2020. Let the potential FA's the Sox might sign see them playand let them all play together asap.

Yeah unless you're the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox or Cubs and can spend into the luxury tax from time to time, sustainable success isn't realistic anymore. Every organization is pretty much on the the same page with player value so there aren't those little nuanced ways to keep a window open for a decade or more. I don't think a repeat of the 90s-00s Braves is happening again any time soon. 

Anyway, since Madrigal just got to AAA  Thursday, I'd call up Robert on 8/19 or so and Madrigal(and Collins) in September. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I would like to have at least one guy who we don't have to extend after 2026. ;)

I don't know how serious you're being right here, but I really don't understand this mindset (which many people are super serious about). So many things could happen between now and 2026- Kopech could have a second TJ, Eloy/Moncada/whoever could pull an Upton and forget how to hit, etc. Our success beyond 2026 depends not on necessarily extending the guys we have now but on continuing to find and acquire talent. As much as I'm excited about him, the difference between winning or losing in 2027 is not going to be whether or not Nick Madrigal still plays for us. So if the guy is ready now, and his AA performance suggests as much, bring him up and let's start working out any wrinkles at the MLB level.

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

I don't know how serious you're being right here, but I really don't understand this mindset (which many people are super serious about). So many things could happen between now and 2026- Kopech could have a second TJ, Eloy/Moncada/whoever could pull an Upton and forget how to hit, etc. Our success beyond 2026 depends not on necessarily extending the guys we have now but on continuing to find and acquire talent.

I was obviously joking, hence the emoji. Was giving Parkman a friendly jab because he's mentioned that numerous times. 

22 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I was obviously joking, hence the emoji. Was giving Parkman a friendly jab because he's mentioned that numerous times. 

As long as Robert/Madrigal stay in AAA and it is before Labor Day, I'm going to continue to complain about it. If neither are up after Labor Day, there's no reason to b**** anymore because it's obvious they're coming up on tax day 2020. 

If they're not calling Robert and Madrigal up to start the next homestand or by Labor Day, I have no idea what they were doing with Kopech last year. 

If Kopech was ready last August, then Robert and Madrigal are ready now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman