Braves release LHP Luis Gohara

Moan4Yoan

Braves released LHP Luiz Gohara.

Gohara was a top-50 prospect just a couple years ago, but he missed a large chunk of last season with shoulder issues and has yet to pitch this year. It's telling that he passed through waivers unclaimed, but the lefty just turned 23 so he will get another opportunity somewhere.

I saw some people here had interest in claiming Gohara but with the fact that no team claimed him, I’m assuming his shoulder is shot?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Braves released LHP Luiz Gohara.

Gohara was a top-50 prospect just a couple years ago, but he missed a large chunk of last season with shoulder issues and has yet to pitch this year. It's telling that he passed through waivers unclaimed, but the lefty just turned 23 so he will get another opportunity somewhere.

I saw some people here had interest in claiming Gohara but with the fact that no team claimed him, I’m assuming his arm is shot?

I think they just released him without putting him on waivers.  Not enough time has passed - pretty sure waiver period is 48 hours at least and it hasn't been that long. 

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That hasn't stopped the Sox before. Delmonico is a recent example of that.

I haven’t looked that hard, but it seems like the “really bad personal issues” have to do with his parents’ health (to include his father’s death) and not with being some sort of psycho. Just FWIW.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

It has reached the point for me that I really don't like the concept of "nothing to lose.'" Nothing to lose sounds weak because there isn't much on the roster. There is nothing to see here.

You sign him to a minor league deal so he's not on the 40-man and see if maybe you have a lefty reliever at Charlotte next year.