Alcides Escobar Released

Bob Sacamano

That sucks for the Knights. He was really solid for that team in the games I watched. One of the main reasons why that team is good besides the bats (in that league where pitching goes to die) is that they catch the ball. Not afraid to say that Knights team is a much better defensive unit than the White Sox.

Not going to want a put together a list of all the Knights who were recalled while he languished in Charlotte as your resume attention grabber.

Kind of strange, his value (to the Sox) was going to be getting them to the playoffs so Madrigal and Robert could continue their seasons and hopefully experience success together in the postseason.

Makes sense now that we have passed the August 1st deadline...hopefully he can catch on with someone who is willing to give him an opportunity.

I suspect if this team was in contention he surely would have been the one called up when Anderson went down. He's had a nice year down there.  Didn't Gregorious go down for the Yanks with a wrist?...maybe they'll give him a look. Hope he catches on somewhere.

1 hour ago, Wanne said:

I suspect if this team was in contention he surely would have been the one called up when Anderson went down. He's had a nice year down there.  Didn't Gregorious go down for the Yanks with a wrist?...maybe they'll give him a look. Hope he catches on somewhere.

His numbers look really good but his wRC+ is below average. AAA is such a shit show right now. 

I agree with Fornelli saying they probably told him he’s get called up if he played well and he thinks he played well. I’m putting this as Escobar probably being bitter that he’s not a major leaguer anymore. Very likely a non-issue that will certainly not be blown out of proportion. 

Edited by mqr

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

Tbh I couldn’t give less of a shit of how they treated Escobar, but still not a great look. 

Goes both ways too. Not a good look to call out a team that gave you a job when you had no business being in the majors the year prior. He played well, but everyone and their mother knew he didn't have a chance in hell to be a solution at the major league level.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Goes both ways too. Not a good look to call out a team that gave you a job when you had no business being in the majors the year prior. He played well, but everyone and their mother knew he didn't have a chance in hell to be a solution at the major league level.

Yeah I don’t think it’s a big deal

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’d want the full story before casting judgement. The Sox have their own issues, but treating players “the right way” isn’t really one that pops up too often for the Sox. 

2016 but that was more due to amassing a bunch of total weirdos than actually mistreating anyone. 

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’d want the full story before casting judgement. The Sox have their own issues, but treating players “the right way” isn’t really one that pops up too often for the Sox. 

agreed. I mean he did sign a minor league contract but it had to honk him off he wasn't getting a chance watching the likes of Rondon up...especially after Anderson went down. Maybe they signed him on the premise of "insurance for Anderson" and he's a little jacked they didn't use him. That's the only thing I can think of in terms of "they lied".

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

2016 but that was more due to amassing a bunch of total weirdos than actually mistreating anyone. 

One might even be a Hall of a Fame weirdo.

Except we haven’t heard a peep about Sale causing even a whiff of a problem in Boston.

LaRoche and Eaton, well those are different stories...but Eaton’s reputation was already checkered before he arrived.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I can't wait until you bring that up in an unrelated context as a reason why Free Agent X didn't sign here. 🙃

It’s definitely going to get play in the Royals’ clubhouse, but ex KC players never do well for the Sox anyway so maybe that will scare them away.

Yes, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, The only thing to hav some concern is Escobar has been in baseball for a long time. He knows a lot of players.  I do not have any clue who his friends are, but if the Sox want to sign one someday, and the money is essentially the same , they may use this to pick another team. 

Edited by Dick Allen