Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT NBCSN-CHI Nova vs. Vargas

Jack Parkman

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn must not watch these games, because I cannot comprehend how he allows Ricky to be such an idiot day after day.

Why not keep him around, he'll have his scapegoats for at least two more years before people start to realize he's incompetent.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn must not watch these games, because I cannot comprehend how he allows Ricky to be such an idiot day after day.

I honestly believe it's more Reinsdorf's call regardless of how Hahn feels. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

That’s really what I don’t understand. As the architect of a team, how is this game strategist you want running the show? I just don’t get it. 

I hope people go to the live podcast next week with Hahn and Chuck and go off on him.  It's been softball question after softball question for Hahn since the Machado debacle.

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

What sucks is all the momentum from the first half with the fan base has vanished in the last 3 weeks. Ratings have to be plummeting right now.

I know, but the players that matter are still doing ok even if they've taking a small step backward. Just the ebbs and flows of the season. Moncada wasn't going to hit .380 the remainder of the season like he did in June and Giolito wasn't going  to have an ERA under  1.50 like he did for 7 weeks for the remainder either. That still doesn't mean that they aren't stars in the making. Their improvement is real and the metrics back it up. Lopez is taking a step forward after a rough 1st half and Cease looks the part even if the results aren't there yet. 

Anderson has no plate discipline whatsoever so he's always going to be somewhat dependent on BABIP luck. We don't know what McCann's true talent is after his adjustments but I'd imagine it is a .260-.275 hitter with 12-15 HR and a .430 SLG, which is more than fine from a catcher. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Tony said:

That’s really what I don’t understand. As the architect of a team, how is this game strategist you want running the show? I just don’t get it. 

Either Hahn doesn’t pay close attention to the actual games or he hasn’t read any of the numerous research on the value (or lack thereof) of bunting.  It’s just crazy in this day in age that our manager operates like it’s the 1980’s.

• Like 1

Maybe ya'll already noticed, but when Cordell came in for Engel, RR move Leury Garcia over to CF and Cordell to RF.

Cordell, ostensibly a speed and D player, was moved out of CF for a guy who was a utility IF until last year. Worthless

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Either Hahn doesn’t pay close attention to the actual games or he hasn’t read any of the numerous research on the value (or lack thereof) of bunting.  It’s just crazy in this day in age that our manager operates like it’s the 1980’s.

or do you think they believe the only way to produce a winner is to replicate the 2005 team, which wasn't afraid to utilize the bunt?  I truly believe the organization just thinks they're smarter than others, and that the bunt is still an effective weapon.

Just now, fathom said:

or do you think they believe the only way to produce a winner is to replicate the 2005 team, which wasn't afraid to utilize the bunt?  I truly believe the organization just thinks they're smarter than others, and that the bunt is still an effective weapon.

I mean, how many years after 05 did we deal with slogans like "Grinder Ball!" JR definitely loves the idea of a small ball team (and yet somehow we have always had a terrible defense???)

4 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

You mean how it helped Garcia get a 2nd strike and then he struck out?

That's what the bunt produced.

Arm chair manager much???

Some of you are a bunch of clowns because you dont understand baseball. Leury is a punch and Judy hitter, a bunt is a good call there because if he can get it down, which he usually does, it's a run.