Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT NBCSN-CHI Nova vs. Vargas

Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Also in case anyone was wondering, THAT is what fun bad looks like. 

Abso-fucking-lutely. But, the Sox actually won the damn game so how could it be? 

Mind=Blown

This game was the very definition of skullfuckery. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I still can't believe Kapler literally gave us that game. Miami or Pittsburgh must've threw some money under the table for him that the Sox are screwing up their draft pick(s) by losing so much.

I can't believe that anyone could possibly have a worse day managing than Renteria. It takes a real dunce to be worse than Ricky. Renteria is right up there with Bevington on the Sox managers Hall of Shame. 

I knew Kapler was bad, but outdoing Ricky in incompetence takes some special shit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Exactly what he did. But this isn't a moment to prop up as evidence that he's in a fantastic place this season.

He also homered earlier in the game. He's a very good baseball player and fine representative of the Chicago White Sox and yet there are some vocal fans that seem to actually WANT him to do badly to further some weird agenda of theirs that involves saving a billionaire (cheap) owner money. Makes zero sense but I don't care. I love and worship (in non religious way) Jose and nothing anybody can do to make me change my mind.

6 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I can't believe that anyone could possibly have a worse day managing than Renteria. It takes a real dunce to be worse than Ricky. Renteria is right up there with Bevington on the Sox managers Hall of Shame. 

I knew Kapler was bad, but outdoing Ricky in incompetence takes some special shit. 

No one is as bad as Bevington. No one. No one else has argued for a call to against his team.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

No one is as bad as Bevington. No one. No one else has argued for a call to against his team.

No I'm not saying Ricky is as bad but he's a distant second. I'd rather have Ventura to be honest. At least Robin played long enough in the bigs to know how to pick his spots to stand up for his players. Ricky is just a coward. Robin also knew when it was ok to bunt( i.e. to tie or win a game late) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No i'm not saying Ricky is as bad but he's a distant second. I'd rather have Ventura to be honest. At least Robin played lomg enough in the bigs to know how to pick his spots to stand up for his players. Ricky is just a coward. Robin also knew when it was ok to bunt( i.e. to tie or win a game late) 

Robin Ventura lost control of his clubhouse.

Ricky‘s in game strategy leaves much to be desired, but the players listen to him and play hard for him.

Managing people is the most important skill of a baseball manager. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Robin Ventura lost control of his clubhouse.

Ricky‘s in game strategy leaves much to be desired, but the players listen to him and play hard for him.

Managing people is the most important skill of a baseball manager. 

I can't argue with this post to honest. 

Ricky's one redeeming quality is that his players play hard for him and he has built a good culture. If the Sox are actually serious about winning in 2020 they have to fire him in October. 

Robin was a much better in game manager but was clueless on how to run a clubhouse. 

I think Ricky serves his purpose as a good manager for a rebuilding team, because he builds a good culture and improves your draft status by costing you games with in-game blunders. When you're rebuilding that is actually a positive trait. 

They have to fire him at the end of the season though and bring in a guy who won't cost them games by being baseball stupid. Could you imagine how Phillies fans feel after last night? Oy vey. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, Fulmer and Ruiz pitched well.

5th time Phillies eventually lost when they were just a strike away from ending the game.

Killed by those two innings leaving the bases loaded.

Timmy and Eloy got some hits...desperately needed that not to go 4-17 since the All Star Break.

Entertaining ending, but punch for PHA.

Fulmer is going on the IL and it sucks because he's starting to look like a major league reliever. 

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

He also homered earlier in the game. He's a very good baseball player and fine representative of the Chicago White Sox and yet there are some vocal fans that seem to actually WANT him to do badly to further some weird agenda of theirs that involves saving a billionaire (cheap) owner money. Makes zero sense but I don't care. I love and worship (in non religious way) Jose and nothing anybody can do to make me change my mind.

Good job Gregg