8/3 Games

flavum

Couple of wonderings:

1) Where the fuck is Jake Burger?

2) Where are Thompson and Dalquist? Are they not pitching anymore this year?

3) James Beard doesn't look good so far. 48 Ks in 113 PAs. And only 67% success in SBs. Eh, if it works, cool. If not, oh well.

20 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Couple of wonderings:

1) Where the fuck is Jake Burger?

2) Where are Thompson and Dalquist? Are they not pitching anymore this year?

3) James Beard doesn't look good so far. 48 Ks in 113 PAs. And only 67% success in SBs. Eh, if it works, cool. If not, oh well.

Burger still recovering from a “bruised heal” and not expected back this season.

I’m guessing Thompson & Dalquist are instructs but won’t be pitching this year.

James Beard is the definition of a project  and it’s going to take some before we know what we have in him.  High risk, high reward player and odds are it won’t work, but no reason to jump to conclusions just yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Burger still recovering from a “bruised heal” and not expected back this season.

I’m guessing Thompson & Dalquist are instructs but won’t be pitching this year.

James Beard is the definition of a project  and it’s going to take some before we know what we have in him.  High risk, high reward player and odds are it won’t work, but no reason to jump to conclusions just yet.

Thanks, man. Yeah, I'm not too worried about Beard. He's a fourth round pick, so whatever. Looking at the 2009 4th rounders, the second best player by bWAR is Ryan Goins. So if we get an MLBer out of it at all, terrific!

Burger is the one I'm more worried about out. He'll be at Kanny next year as an A-baller as a 24 year old with two missed years of development. That was a failure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Thanks, man. Yeah, I'm not too worried about Beard. He's a fourth round pick, so whatever. Looking at the 2009 4th rounders, the second best player by bWAR is Ryan Goins. So if we get an MLBer out of it at all, terrific!

Burger is the one I'm more worried about out. He'll be at Kanny next year as an A-baller as a 24 year old with two missed years of development. That was a failure.

I think Burger will start at High A and will move to Birmingham if he has a strong first half.  They have to be aggressive with him next year to make up for lost time.  Just crazy for a position player to lose two full seasons due to the same essential injury.

Per Sox Machine, Charlotte hitting coach Frank Menechino:

“Nothing,” said Knights hitting coach Frank Menechino when asked what Robert has improved. “He hasn’t improved nor gotten better, he’s been the same since he’s got here. And that’s pretty good, right? How much is he going to improve with 200 at-bats in Triple A? I don’t know.”

Pretty bold split from the party line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Per Sox Machine, Charlotte hitting coach Frank Menechino:

“Nothing,” said Knights hitting coach Frank Menechino when asked what Robert has improved. “He hasn’t improved nor gotten better, he’s been the same since he’s got here. And that’s pretty good, right? How much is he going to improve with 200 at-bats in Triple A? I don’t know.”

Pretty bold split from the party line

He knows there's absolutely nothing he can teach him.