Fulmer to IL, Gascan (aka Covey) recalled from Charlotte

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

We all know this. Soxtalk will know that the rebuild is over when Covey and Engel are DFA. Until then, they're the tank commanders. 

I still think Engel could be a quality 4th bench guy on the competitive teams, purely in for speed and late inning defensive replacement, especially if our outfield consists of Eloy in left, Robert in center and a quality RF free agent next year, and Leury is our primary utility man. 

I know this is a Covey thread, but just my 2 cents there. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee

24 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I still think Engel could be a quality 4th bench guy on the competitive teams, purely in for speed and late inning defensive replacement, especially if our outfield consists of Eloy in left, Robert in center and a quality RF free agent next year, and Leury is our primary utility man. 

I know this is a Covey thread, but just my 2 cents there. 

Need someone like Ozuna with positional versatility who can also hit.

15 hours ago, harkness99 said:

is mlb's system that bad.. or is it just that the whitesox are that incompetent?

That they keep brining up the same failboats over and over again?

I don't think we can judge the system yet until Hostetlers draftees start coming into the bigs

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I don't think we can judge the system yet until Hostetlers draftees start coming into the bigs

That’s pretty hard to do because 2016 is getting termed a “still competing and retooling on the go draft” and 2017 features a first rounder who might never play again at this rate.

Madrigal and Vaughn were pretty obvious choices, like Rodon...same problem there.

The question is can we produce enough 1.5-2.5 fWAR supplemental contributors so that half the roster doesn’t have to come from free agency or waiver transactions from other teams...this assuming we’re spot on with our top three remaining minor league position prospects (see above, plus Robert).

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s pretty hard to do because 2016 is getting termed a “still competing and retooling on the go draft” and 2017 features a first rounder who might never play again at this rate.

Madrigal and Vaughn were pretty obvious choices, like Rodon...same problem there.

The question is can we produce enough 1.5-2.5 fWAR supplemental contributors so that half the roster doesn’t have to come from free agency or waiver transactions from other teams...this assuming we’re spot on with our top three remaining minor league position prospects (see above, plus Robert).

Yep, the next 3 seasons will show us if this thing will work or not. Hopefully we can be sustainable winners after this rebuild...what a process.

2 hours ago, wegner said:

If Santiago is a boomerang like Stone said, what is Covey....a bad penny?

You can at least put him into that machine in the museum that flattens and stretches him out into...well, anything that’s not Covey.

I don’t see why they don’t try him as a 6th or 7th inning reliever, that’s the only place he can even theoretically succeed.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You can at least put him into that machine in the museum that flattens and stretches him out into...well, anything that’s not Covey.

I don’t see why they don’t try him as a 6th or 7th inning reliever, that’s the only place he can even theoretically succeed.

I agree with you, plus I am smiling at the prospect of the installation of a Dylan Covey squished penny machine at Sox Park. 

Keep and eye out for the Jose Paniagua Mold A Rama machine coming next season.

13 minutes ago, wegner said:

I agree with you, plus I am smiling at the prospect of the installation of a Dylan Covey squished penny machine at Sox Park. 

Keep and eye out for the Jose Paniagua Mold A Rama machine coming next season.

Always thought Mold A Rama machines at GRF of specific players would be an incredible idea.

• Love 1