8/3 Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT WGN Detwiler vs. Nola

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

The pitching matchup heavily favors Philly so much it's unbelievable. But baseball is dumb so... you never know. 

How's this:  Detwiler and Covey combine to go the whole 9 innings and the bullpen is saved.  I don't even care if the Sox take a beating as a result.  Alternate option: Detwiler, Covey, and a position player.^_^ 

Edited by bubba phillips

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Madrigal should be playing all of his minor league innings at SS. See what we got there because i don’t know if Tim is the answer. Eloy, Robert, Anderson is an OF with plenty of pop and good speed plus 2B is a lot easier position to fill. 

He has made a shitton of errors, but that is still incredibly premature and a kneejerk reaction.

I just read a little about Zavala. Still a youngster, 25. San Diego State. 12th rounder which isn't very special.

My ? is ... is he any good? has he been thought of as a good prospect or just another guy? Thank u.

16 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

FWIW Tim grades out as average in DRS and only slightly below average in UZR.

Moving him to the outfield would be dumb.

I think he just needs to focus more. He's having mental errors not physical ones. Physical errors lead to MI becoming OF. Mental errors can be corrected. 

Anderson and Moncada make a lot of errors because they both have insane range for their position. It looks worse than it actually is because they get to balls the average SS/3B wouldn't even touch. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I just read a little about Zavala. Still a youngster, 25. San Diego State. 12th rounder which isn't very special.

My ? is ... is he any good? has he been thought of as a good prospect or just another guy? Thank u.

He raised his stock a bunch by playing really well in AA, and became a dark horse favorite among people who follow prospects (in part due to the Collins hate IMO). However, he has not played well at AAA or the majors at this point. He's shown some pop in the past though, and was supposed to be a bit better receiver than Collins but not a defense first catcher by any means.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I think he just needs to focus more. He's having mental errors not physical ones. Physical errors lead to MI becoming OF. Mental errors can be corrected. 

That error was pure laziness and technique.  It's a forehand push through on the run.  You get the mitt down.  His mitt wasn't down far enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Serious question? Do you not agree? At what point would you consider it if you don't agree?

No i don't agree. Did you watch the last half of 2018? He was fantastic. The talent is there. Just needs to pull his head out the butt