8/3 Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT WGN Detwiler vs. Nola

Jack Parkman

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

When this team is in the hunt for the division title and he's still making a lot of boneheaded mistakes. Then consider it. 

Alright that's fair. He definitely makes plays that are gold glove caliber. Like you said needs to get his head out of his butt . Hopefully he does and I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

I do. Personally i think if the sox were in the playoff hunt, he would not make these mistakes

It's a lazy physical error. His lack of commitment to technique is going to continue to show up until he commits to the craft.

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pitched his ass off. Ricky played with fire a bit that inning but got away with it. Great outing by him.

Even Greg, critical of Detweiler, agrees and says, "Nice outing, sir."

6 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

When this team is in the hunt for the division title and he's still making a lot of boneheaded mistakes. Then consider it. 

He's made boneheaded errors when a couple of our pitchers had no hitters going (I believe Miguel Gonzalez in fact had a perfect game at the time). Eh.. maybe maturity will help him down the line without trying to show off/play with flair in that instance. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, because he's in position to make the damn play. 

Same thing with Moncada at 2B last year and at 3B this year. 

Moncada's issue is much moreso with his throws. Can't count the number or errors he's either made a bad throw or Abreu couldn't scoop up the ball an average defensive 1B would make. He gets a bit of a pass since he's at a position he hasn't played in years too. I can look and personally see a potentially good to great defensive 3B there. Timmy... eh... we'll see.