8/3 Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT WGN Detwiler vs. Nola

Jack Parkman

I was thinking we might squeeze but not with Eloy on third and risk of him getting hurt. Not crazy about the bunt there; not crazy about Yolmer's chances of lofting a deep nuff fly ball either. Bummer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Only the White Sox could put down a great bunt and the runner is still out...Phillies’ announcers chiding White Sox for over-bunting and making that play too predictable, lol.

Quite a few opposing announcers have questioned Ricky it seems. Stone took a bit of a shot at him too for that. Bunts with a slow ass runner at 3B (and he puts the steal on with slow ass runners instead of his fast guys not named Tim Anderson or he'll put hit and runs on and the hitters fail to execute). Just a joke of a manager. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Quite a few opposing announcers have questioned Ricky it seems. Stone took a bit of a shot at him too for that. Bunts with a slow ass runner at 3B and he steals with slow ass runner instrad of his fast guys not named Tim Anderson. Just a joke of a manager. 

To tell u the truth, he should be fired (again) for the squeeze. You don't squeeze Eloy the gazillion dollar man when the team is buried in the standings. Eloy could get hurt on the squeeze which was unnecessary. I know you don't play scared, but even if I was tempted to squeeze I'd stop myself with slow/valuable Eloy on third.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

I don't understand why would play for a tie game on the road in the late innings in the first place...it’s that unwritten baseball rule, like never making first or third out at 3B.

Yes sir: the unwritten rule: "Tie at home; win on the road. WTF?" Time to fire him, just let him go. Bring up Omar.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Pretty good fastball there. I thought he coulda hit the next to last pitch in the sequence. Oh well we have no business beating the Phils anyway.

Somehow, that’s sadder than anything Thad Bosley writes..they’re really just a very average team this year.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

How many times does the bunt have to fail before he stops calling for it?

That's what an ordinary manager would ask himself, RIcky though is convinced that he has successfully built a time machine to the 1950's.

He calls for it so much it's literally in the scouting report. Just no creativity or imagination. Even a shit manager like Kapler can figure that out. 

Just now, greg775 said:

Yes sir: the unwritten rule: "Tie at home; win on the road. WTF?" Time to fire him, just let him go. Bring up Omar.

The one manager everyone expects would play the same style..but at least Moncada, Anderson and Madrigal would be tutored/mentored into Gold Glove-quality fielders, like he did with Alexei.

• Like 1