8/3 Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT WGN Detwiler vs. Nola

Jack Parkman

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The one manager everyone expects would play the same style..but at least Moncada, Anderson and Madrigal would be tutored/mentored into Gold Glove-quality fielders, like he did with Alexei.

I always hated that narrative, Alexei was a good defensive shortstop because he was incredibly gifted, not because some washed up player took grounders alongside him twice a week.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I always hated that narrative, Alexei was a good defensive shortstop because he was incredibly gifted, not because some washed up player took grounders alongside him twice a week.

He was definitely more focused out there with Vizquel next to him...

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He was definitely more focused out there with Vizquel next to him...

That was because he had a year of playing short at the major leagues under his belt as opposed being new to the position the year before. Omar Vizquel sprinkling his fairy dust onto him is probably based on some throwaway quote in a fluff piece about Omar.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

That was because he had a year of playing short at the major leagues under his belt as opposed being new to the position the year before. Omar Vizquel sprinkling his fairy dust onto him is probably based on some throwaway quote in a fluff piece about Omar.

How can you explain all the derogatory and borderline racist insults he absorbed for the rest of his career post-2010 (about his fielding)?

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This just retarded managing by Renteria. You have the bases loaded with nobody out and you bring in your worst pitcher in a 1 run game???

Eh, Renteria is terrible. But the bullpen is gased from last night. I don't blame him for this move.