Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Parkman

8/3 Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT WGN Detwiler vs. Nola

Recommended Posts

I've defended TA for a while, but he has made multiple little league mistakes this weekend. Clean it up Timmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just poor fundamentals. Love the bat but his defense is just not very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

The pitching matchup heavily favors Philly so much it's unbelievable. But baseball is dumb so... you never know. 

How's this:  Detwiler and Covey combine to go the whole 9 innings and the bullpen is saved.  I don't even care if the Sox take a beating as a result.  Alternate option: Detwiler, Covey, and a position player.^_^ 

Edited by bubba phillips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

If Detwiler can toss 4 innings, it will be a miracle.

Well... he nearly tossed 4 flawless innings. But the 4th did him in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madrigal should be playing all of his minor league innings at SS. See what we got there because i don’t know if Tim is the answer. Eloy, Robert, Anderson is an OF with plenty of pop and good speed plus 2B is a lot easier position to fill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Anderson needs to be moved to the outfield.  Terrible!

He committed a error that’s all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Imploding is way too strong of a word for giving up 2 runs in 4 innings

It’s early 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Madrigal should be playing all of his minor league innings at SS. See what we got there because i don’t know if Tim is the answer. Eloy, Robert, Anderson is an OF with plenty of pop and good speed plus 2B is a lot easier position to fill. 

He has made a shitton of errors, but that is still incredibly premature and a kneejerk reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

FWIW Tim grades out as average in DRS and only slightly below average in UZR.

Moving him to the outfield would be dumb.

In your opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

He committed a error that’s all 

He commits errors that would get HS Shortstops reamed for making.  That's a snake on the ground right at him. That's an out from 12u up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read a little about Zavala. Still a youngster, 25. San Diego State. 12th rounder which isn't very special.

My ? is ... is he any good? has he been thought of as a good prospect or just another guy? Thank u.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

FWIW Tim grades out as average in DRS and only slightly below average in UZR.

Moving him to the outfield would be dumb.

I think he just needs to focus more. He's having mental errors not physical ones. Physical errors lead to MI becoming OF. Mental errors can be corrected. 

Anderson and Moncada make a lot of errors because they both have insane range for their position. It looks worse than it actually is because they get to balls the average SS/3B wouldn't even touch. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I just read a little about Zavala. Still a youngster, 25. San Diego State. 12th rounder which isn't very special.

My ? is ... is he any good? has he been thought of as a good prospect or just another guy? Thank u.

He raised his stock a bunch by playing really well in AA, and became a dark horse favorite among people who follow prospects (in part due to the Collins hate IMO). However, he has not played well at AAA or the majors at this point. He's shown some pop in the past though, and was supposed to be a bit better receiver than Collins but not a defense first catcher by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Lol

Serious question? Do you not agree? At what point would you consider it if you don't agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I think he just needs to focus more. He's having mental errors not physical ones. Physical errors lead to MI becoming OF. Mental errors can be corrected. 

That error was pure laziness and technique.  It's a forehand push through on the run.  You get the mitt down.  His mitt wasn't down far enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Serious question? Do you not agree? At what point would you consider it if you don't agree?

No i don't agree. Did you watch the last half of 2018? He was fantastic. The talent is there. Just needs to pull his head out the butt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×