Sign in to follow this  
Jack Parkman

8/3 Sox @ Phillies 6:05 CDT WGN Detwiler vs. Nola

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The one manager everyone expects would play the same style..but at least Moncada, Anderson and Madrigal would be tutored/mentored into Gold Glove-quality fielders, like he did with Alexei.

I always hated that narrative, Alexei was a good defensive shortstop because he was incredibly gifted, not because some washed up player took grounders alongside him twice a week.

Renteria claiming he wasn’t trying to walk the batter...can we be so sure, lol?

Realmuto PHing, someone from the coaching staff needs to check the available bench there...anyone awake?

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I always hated that narrative, Alexei was a good defensive shortstop because he was incredibly gifted, not because some washed up player took grounders alongside him twice a week.

He was definitely more focused out there with Vizquel next to him...

He was definitely more focused out there with Vizquel next to him...

That was because he had a year of playing short at the major leagues under his belt as opposed being new to the position the year before. Omar Vizquel sprinkling his fairy dust onto him is probably based on some throwaway quote in a fluff piece about Omar.

Nobody works with Eloy on this staff defensively it’s obvious instructors are non existent 

This just retarded managing by Renteria. You have the bases loaded with nobody out and you bring in your worst pitcher in a 1 run game???

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

That was because he had a year of playing short at the major leagues under his belt as opposed being new to the position the year before. Omar Vizquel sprinkling his fairy dust onto him is probably based on some throwaway quote in a fluff piece about Omar.

How can you explain all the derogatory and borderline racist insults he absorbed for the rest of his career post-2010 (about his fielding)?

Edited by caulfield12

How can you explain all the derogatory and borderline racist insults he absorbed for the rest of his career post-2010?

What does that have to do with anything?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This just retarded managing by Renteria. You have the bases loaded with nobody out and you bring in your worst pitcher in a 1 run game???

Eh, Renteria is terrible. But the bullpen is gased from last night. I don't blame him for this move.

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

For a team with so many DH type players on their roster, the Sox never seem to have a halfway decent DH in their lineup.  Explain that one to me LOL!

QFT 

Just now, Sarava said:

Eh, Renteria is terrible. But the bullpen is gased from last night. I don't blame him for this move.

Momentary brainfart. I'm on pain pills recovering from surgery. Briefly forgot about the 15 inning game last night. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

What does that have to do with anything?

I’ve never seen a Latin player described as gritty, gym rat, grinder, high baseball EQ or acumen...

Somebody needs to photoshop Covey's head on top of a tank. 

Dude is the perfect tank commander.

I’ve never seen a Latin player described as gritty, gym rat, grinder, high baseball EQ or acumen...

What does that have to do with your original claim that Omar Vizquel made Alexei into a gold glove caliber shortstop?