8/5 | Sox @ Tigers | Gio vs Turnbull | 6:10PM CT

Tnetennba

This outing doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in Giolito's remainder of the season. Despite his hot first half he's still a work in progress. He's definitely an MLB pitcher now though. 

I still think he has another streak like the 1st half in him again, but he's completely different than he was in the 1st half. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

Make it a show me pitch. He’s getting too predictable.

Being 80+% Fastball/Curve was fine when he was just trying to master a new delivery and not be the worst pitcher in baseball anymore. If he wants to be as good as he looked in May, he needs all 4 pitches.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This outing doesn't inspire a ton of confidence in Giolito's remainder of the season. Despite his hot first half he's still a work in progress. He's definitely an MLB pitcher now though. 

I think he’s gassed

Just now, SoxAce said:

Love Ricky letting Giolito dictate if he has some gas in the tank left. I think Rodon is the only other guy he lets do that. 

Yeah. Ricky's not a 100% moron, only 90%. He does have his moments of brilliance,  though few and far between. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I still think he has another streak like the 1st half in him again, but he's completely different than he was in the 1st half. 

Send him down a week so he's away from Coop.     

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think he’s gassed

You could be right. He said this spring that his new delivery uses his legs more so of they're tiring on him that would explain a lot about the missing location/inconsistent velo. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I really hope Hahn and Kenny have the cojones to fire the entire coaching staff after game 162. They really need new voices. Cooper just seems like he's cashing checks at this point. 

Pipe dream at best.