8/5 | Sox @ Tigers | Gio vs Turnbull | 6:10PM CT

Tnetennba

15 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Cabrera deal was stupid the moment it was signed. Granted Cabrera was much much better than Abreu, but it would be like giving Abreu an 8 year deal right now.

I might do 8 years for 8 million total.   Gonna have to pay him to be one of those Sox ambassadors anyway soon. 😎

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Agreed but still nice to enjoy some wins.  But yeah the Tigers are awful.

Amazing how little the Sox have been able to do in the Central Division throughout history considering all the inherent advantages of playing in a big city like Chicago and all the other crap organizations in our division. Really sad the Sox have stunk so much going against Cleveland, Detroit, KC and Minnie. Can you imagine if we had a good owner and good front office going against those teams?

20 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Amazing how little the Sox have been able to do in the Central Division throughout history considering all the inherent advantages of playing in a big city like Chicago and all the other crap organizations in our division. Really sad the Sox have stunk so much going against Cleveland, Detroit, KC and Minnie. Can you imagine if we had a good owner and good front office going against those teams?

In fact it's been the other way around. I can think of at least a couple of times that someone in our division has made the playoffs solely on how badly they beat up the Sox that year.

Maybe the Sox  can compete for a wildcard next year if they get the job done against the Tigers and Royals.

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like him but his name is misspelled a lot ;) Think of it Lee ury and then you'll get the  E before the U.

Speaking of spelling, am I the only one here who needs to look up how to spell Buehrle every time?  I just did again now.