Sign in to follow this  
Jose Abreu

Luis Robert posts and deletes Instagram story of himself at Charlotte airport

Normally I'd think this is nothing, as the Knights have to get to their opponent for tonight's game.

The ONLY reasons I'm posting it are because 1. Why did he delete it, and 2. Since when do AAA players get flights? I thought they took buses? 

Edited by Jose Abreu

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Normally I'd think this is nothing, as the Knights have to get to their opponent for tonight's game.

The ONLY reasons I'm posting it are because 1. Why did he delete it, and 2. Since when do AAA players get flights? I thought they took buses

Can't get everywhere ASAP on a bus.

I can't wait for his MLB debut and the Chuck Garfien pregame taking 20 minutes to discuss how to accurately  pronounce Robert.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, wegner said:

I can't wait for his MLB debut and the Chuck Garfien pregame taking 20 minutes to discuss how to accurately  pronounce Robert.

Is it weird that I envision it with a French pronunciation? Roe-BEAR.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Have people forgotten who owns this team?

If he's going to make his debut this season, it will be at home. Jerry can't miss out on those extra ticket and concession sales.

Eloy didn't debut at home.  

31 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Nah it's wrong, but it's most people's first instinct to assume it's not American sounding

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

Actually not weird at all.  That is the first way I heard it pronounced by someone (don't remember who) but obviously that was wrong.

I personally don't care how he pronounces it or even if he changes his name to Yolmer or even Yonder as long as he eventually plays anywhere near what he's been doing in AAA.

I am beyond excited to see him and Madrigal on the South Side next year.

19 minutes ago, wegner said:

Actually not weird at all.  That is the first way I heard it pronounced by someone (don't remember who) but obviously that was wrong.

I personally don't care how he pronounces it or even if he changes his name to Yolmer or even Yonder as long as he eventually plays anywhere near what he's been doing in AAA.

I am beyond excited to see him and Madrigal on the South Side next year.

I hope he tells everyone to just pronounce it like ROB-BERT when he gets here.

I don't think we will see him this year though.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Nah it's wrong, but it's most people's first instinct to assume it's not American sounding

I mean, why would it be? It's not just going to be plain old "Robert", is it? If you really wanted to do Spanish pronunciation, I suppose it'd be Roe-BEART. But that's sort of a mouthful compared to the alternatives.

Hopefully we get news tonight that Robert isn't in the Knights' lineup and is being called up. If that happens, I'd imagine Madrigal would be called up at the conclusion of the AAA regular season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I mean, why would it be? It's not just going to be plain old "Robert", is it? If you really wanted to do Spanish pronunciation, I suppose it'd be Roe-BEART. But that's sort of a mouthful compared to the alternatives.

Luis has said it's Robert as in Bob. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hopefully we get news tonight that Robert isn't in the Knights' lineup and is being called up. If that happens, I'd imagine Madrigal would be called up at the conclusion of the AAA regular season. 

Madrigal shouldn't be called up yet imo.

Robert is a no brainer though, somebody here said he was "seal clubbing", that is pretty accurate.