8/6 | Sox @ Tigers GM1 | Cease vs Norris | 12:10pm CT

Tnetennba

Too bad the same growing pains Cease is having this year will be repeated with Kopech and Dunning next year.  I just hope the Sox realize that with the right breaks 2020 can work out for them if they make additions in the offseason to fill the hole in RF and rotation.   Need at least 2 SP and 2 good bats.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Too bad the same growing pains Cease is having this year will be repeated with Kopech and Dunning next year.

That's not necessarily true. Probable? Maybe, but I wouldn't anticipate Kopech not being able keep his fastball within six inches of the top of the zone.  

1 hour ago, mqr said:

That's not necessarily true. Probable? Maybe, but I wouldn't anticipate Kopech not being able keep his fastball within six inches of the top of the zone.  

There was a really good article about Steiver and the pitching coach Matt Zaleski. He said that he really worked with Cease to throw high 4 seamers and to increase his spin rate so it stays there. He is working with Steiver on the same thing and this is why he is having more success. My concern is that Cease got away with that in the minors but at the MLB level the hitters aren't chasing it as often and now he needs to learn to pitch down in the zone again.

• Thanks 1