8/6 | Sox @ Tigers GM2 | Santiago vs VerHagen | 6:10pm CT

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He seems to have forgotten what that is and how to do it.

He wasn’t patient even when he was good. His O-swing is actually 4% lower than his rookie year. 

Edited by mqr

I think I've seen enough of Ruiz. He's one of those guys who throws 97 but it looks like 93. Probably has a poor spin rate. His secondary stuff leaves much to be desired as well. He's gonna continue to get chances because of the appearance of plus velocity. Another one of those cases where velocity alone doesn't tell the whole story, and why it's useless without spin data. 

Does someone have a link to Ruiz's spin data? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think I've seen enough of Ruiz. He's one of those guys who throws 97 but it looks like 93. Probably has a poor spin rate. His secondary stuff leaves much to be desired as well. He's gonna continue to get chances because of the appearance of plus velocity. 

He's only been a pitcher for like 3-4 years... 

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He's only been a pitcher for like 3-4 years... 

Yeah his spin rate is 2353 rpm which is really low for someone who throws that hard. I wonder what Lopez is doing this year? Edit: His is even lower. (2112)

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Caulfield please delete that from the game thread

It will get picked up sooner or later by the Chicago or national press...I guess until then we wait.

Nothing is divided from politics, anymore, unfortunately. 

The SunTimes has had the story up for five hours.  Just enter Ariana Giolito Swarzak Anderson I guess.

Edited by caulfield12