Game Thread 8/7/19 - Sox @ Detroit

3 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

All Abreu has done the past 2 days is drive in runs

He's doing his yearly "the Sox are 20 games back" time to start hitting thing and he'll finish with an OPS+ around 110, a WAR around 1.5 and everybody will be clamoring to bring back one of the "elite RBI guys in all of baseball".

Awesome.  Can't wait to watch every ball between 1st and 2nd roll into RF next year and fuck all our young pitchers.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's doing his yearly "the Sox are 20 games back" time to start hitting thing and he'll finish with an OPS+ around 110, a WAR around 1.5 and everybody will be clamoring to bring back one of the "elite RBI guys in all of baseball".

Awesome.  Can't wait to watch every ball between 1st and 2nd roll into RF next year and fuck all our young pitchers.

I'm ok with paying Abreu on a 2/24-26

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He can DH more and he'll probably move down in the order. 

I would be surprised if he's not on the team next year. 

I also think that Abreu will be back next year.  I believe they always wanted Jose here for when Robert comes up so he is as comfortable as possible.

But as a side question:  Is there any chance that Sheets would be ready to join the big club to begin 2020?  I know that Vaughan is the future at 1B but I am intrigued if Sheets could be a Left Handed hitting power option for DH/1B?

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

LOL, I can't even remember that far of them being in the hunt other than 2012.   Who on that roster would you say was clutch in Aug?   I really can't see a player thinking, "20 games back", now I will do my best.   I do wonder in his case if his age is accurate.  There were doubts about Jose Contreras age.

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I wish I had 10 dollars for every time my fave player gets bashed on here. I love u Jose Abreu!! Keep it rolling with the Sox. There's a silent majority on here that loves you. Nice game so far. (Does anybody have any suggestions how I can calm down when people bag on Abreu? It really bothers me; thanx in advance). p.s. some of you really do act like that fan in Major League who is always complaining. You realize that, don't you? Your act can be as laughable as the Quaid character.

GO SOX GO BEARS GO HAWKS

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Instead of visiting Soxtalk.com, you could visit WhiteSoxInteractive.com. 

Problem solved. 

Me thinks If I blasted Jose like several others on here do, I'd be shipped away. It's very repetitive from the same people. The mods really should consider whether criticism of a guy who is actually having an all star season is acceptable. It borderlines player harassment. At least that's my opinion. If he's at .190 with 7 homers and 42 RBI that's one thing; this guy produces and has to put up with unrelenting criticism sans me and 2-3 others who sometimes join me in defending him.

It's kind of silly, really. Rather than back me, I'm the one invited to leave. That is hilarious. Peace out. I gotta run; hopefully Sox have this one wrapped up.

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Instead of visiting Soxtalk.com, you could visit WhiteSoxInteractive.com. 

Problem solved. 

Greg would fit in pretty well at WSI to be honest. They really hate rebuilding over there. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Considering the teams he has played for, you can say the same for anyone who has done well. One thing you should keep in mind, just because Ron posts it doesn't mean it's true. He's not the internet.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wegner said:

I also think that Abreu will be back next year.  I believe they always wanted Jose here for when Robert comes up so he is as comfortable as possible.

But as a side question:  Is there any chance that Sheets would be ready to join the big club to begin 2020?  I know that Vaughan is the future at 1B but I am intrigued if Sheets could be a Left Handed hitting power option for DH/1B?

There is always that challenge of bringing a player up too soon. I do wonder if the coaching is better in the minors than what the Sox have.   Robert's numbers no doubt say bring him up. If he played infield I bet he would be up.   One thing the Sox are reluctant to do is send a player down unless they truly suck at baseball like Covey.  One has to wonder would Eloy benefit from a week in Charlotte?  I could see it as a confidence booster.  Odd that he didn't do a rehab.  With this organization I'm reluctant to crown guys like Vaughan as a star.

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Detroit is so bad.  They are sooo far away from doing anything.  It boggles my mind they didn't trade Boyd while he's having his best year.

I remember that owner so desperately wanted to win a World Series in his lifetime and acted accordingly.  He fell short.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic