White Sox Winner!!

joejoedairy

Hopefully this play carries over into the weekend against an always tough Oakland team. I'll be at the game Friday. Was hoping for Lopez but it's Detweiler, hopefully he has a good game. 

Looking forward to watching the Field of Dreams after the game on the big screen.

Jose is always fun to watch post trade deadline. His best months statistically are August and September, hands down. No pressure with the trade deadline passed. No pressure from a potential playoff run. That's how he thrives.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=abreujo02&t=b&year=Career

Edited by ron883

21 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Jose is always fun to watch post trade deadline. His best months statistically are August and September, hands down. No pressure with the trade deadline passed. No pressure from a potential playoff run. That's how he thrives.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=abreujo02&t=b&year=Career

Nobody: ........

Ron: Jose Abreu sucks!

In all seriousness though, I feel like you probably root against him and hope he does bad every game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Nobody: ........

Ron: Jose Abreu sucks!

In all seriousness though, I feel like you probably root against him and hope he does bad every game.

If I had to vote to put up with his Abreu bashing vs, Greg's Abreu worship the latter wins hands down.  LOL potential playoff run. That was Ventura first year and Jose wasn't there.  It would have been nice to have someone whose best months were August and September. Pretty much the whole team was a bunch of mental midgets.  They won 85 games. 

I'm sure there is a lot of pressure on players during the deadline for those who want to stay and those who want out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ron883 said:

So hopefully we are in at least the WC hunt next season. That way Jose can lead us down the home stretch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Actually, you haven’t gone far enough.  He’s been a really good player overall for the Chicago White Sox over the entire course of his career; a team that’s never in contention.  That’s proof he performs in low pressure situations.  In fact, if he were worse he’d be better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ron883 said:

No, ron, I'm not going to let you pound this into your agenda. Jose isn't magically better post trade deadline. He's just a much worse hitter in cold weather. The August sample size isn't big enough to mean anything in terms of deviating from June or July or September. His June-September numbers are way, way better than his March-May numbers, though.

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

No, ron, I'm not going to let you pound this into your agenda. Jose isn't magically better post trade deadline. He's just a much worse hitter in cold weather. The August sample size isn't big enough to mean anything in terms of deviating from June or July or September. His June-September numbers are way, way better than his March-May numbers, though.

Abreuniks coming out in full force. Whether he sucks in cold weather or sucks without pressure is debatable. His numbers in August and September are much better than any other months. I think it has to do with pressure from competing early on and then the trade deadline. 

Just now, ron883 said:

Abreuniks coming out in full force. Whether he sucks in cold weather or sucks without pressure is debatable. His numbers in August and September are much better than any other months. I think it has to do with pressure from competing early on and then the trade deadline. 

You are making up pressure that doesn't exist. Are you fucking joking? This is a guy who defected from Cuba to come here, thrived under pressure at every level (including the majors) in order to become one of the best offensive players of his era, and you're saying that the TRADE DEADLINE is causing him to lose sleep and crack under pressure? GMAFB, dude. The routine is old, and what you've thought over the past 3 years has largely been incorrect.

I find it hilarious that Jose will be back next year, and all of your trolling on this board won't have any impact on that.

Is it possible that Jose is just, oh idk, a streaky hitter?

Its not like dude sucks until the end of the year when "There's no pressure." He's had plenty of good months pre all star break over the years. 

I'd have no problem moving on from him, but the alternatives don't look all that great on the open market next year either. 

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

He also has had limited protection in the lineup behind him as well during his White Sox years. He has certainly done a good job driving in RBI's this season. He has benefited by Leury and Yoan getting on in front of him. 

16 hours ago, ron883 said:

Stupidest post in the history of stupid posts. This is how you can tell someone is biased or is so locked into his history of hatred against another person that he has to keep hating. He is implying Abreu is at his best because there is no pressure because the Sox don't have a shot at the playoffs but if they did then these wouldn't be his best months. So it's Jose fault the Sox don't make the playoffs because he sucks early. He is only good later because he is afraid to win. To agree or partially agree with that post means you must agree that Jose sucks either early or late and he dislikes winning and can't perform under pressure. Also that he purposefully is bad before the trade deadline because he doesn't want to be traded.  Abreu is basically being bad on purpose  or throwing games,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ron883 said:

Abreuniks coming out in full force.

It's honestly kind of hilarious that Ron assumes people who say anything positive are obsessed with Abreu and Greg thinks everyone hates him. Like a balancing force, without which we would topple over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1