Field of Dreams Game: Sox vs. Yankees 8.13.20

GGajewski18

All other sports: let’s take this on the road and play in huge international stadiums to increase exposure to the game!

Manfred: what if we played in the middle of a cornfield where no one can watch, would that speed up the game?

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

All other sports: let’s take this on the road and play in huge international stadiums to increase exposure to the game!

Manfred: what if we played in the middle of a cornfield where no one can watch, would that speed up the game?

MLB did this what two weeks ago? It’s a fun idea. 

I played a short pick up game there once while driving through.  If I remember correctly it is a bit short.  They might need to cut back some more corn or the Yankees might hit 30 home runs at least.

One other thought, will they put up a fence?  If not, I would love to see someone like Engel go back on a bomb and try to run it down by heading into the cornfield.

I've never seen the whole thing either. Just put a few rows of corn in the OF concourse and play the Yankees at home. Does anyone really care about playing on a fake field from a movie 30 years ago?

If the Sox are actually good next year, they are sacrificing a huge gate for nonsense. 

• Like 1

The ballpark is 281 feet (86 m) to left field, 314 feet (96 m) to center and 262 feet (80 m) to right field. With additional temporary bleachers, the venue held nearly 6,000 spectators for the 2013 Team of Dreams celebrity ball game.

They need dimensions and seats.  Gotta be a day game for lighting.  Going to need netting to protect the fans from fouls. 

No doubt it can all get done, just a lot of work.

But this would be a national game with an up and coming White Sox team.

I really like the idea.

Given how few seats there are, I'd not be shocked if pricing started at $100+ a ticket.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also, is it too early to petition for Eloy to DH this game?  You know he’s going to end up running full speed into a cornstalk and lacerate his spleen.

My irrational fear is that one of the core guys tears his ACL or something because he trips over a weevil 

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I've never seen the whole thing either. Just put a few rows of corn in the OF concourse and play the Yankees at home. Does anyone really care about playing on a fake field from a movie 30 years ago?

If the Sox are actually good next year, they are sacrificing a huge gate for nonsense. 

I was wondering this too, since the Yankees are a team we draw well against.

5 minutes ago, brett05 said:

The ballpark is 281 feet (86 m) to left field, 314 feet (96 m) to center and 262 feet (80 m) to right field. With additional temporary bleachers, the venue held nearly 6,000 spectators for the 2013 Team of Dreams celebrity ball game.

They need dimensions and seats.  Gotta be a day game for lighting.  Going to need netting to protect the fans from fouls. 

No doubt it can all get done, just a lot of work.

But this would be a national game with an up and coming White Sox team.

I really like the idea.

Given how few seats there are, I'd not be shocked if pricing started at $100+ a ticket.

They’re building a temporary field.