Field of Dreams Game: Sox vs. Yankees 8.13.20

GGajewski18

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Not necessarily a huge splash, but it does sound like it was their idea, and I don't think they would want to embarrass themselves so maybe a sign they expect to flip a switch.

Expect and execute, of course, are totally different things though. 

I mean they totally embarrassed themselves this past offseason, but I see what you're saying.

21 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I mean they totally embarrassed themselves this past offseason

Like I said, plan and execute are different things.

They'll probably fall flat on their face because that's what they do, but I think there's more than one indication that they expect to be a good team. 

Edited by mqr

I think Kevin Costner’s dad when he came back as a youthful “catcher ghost” around age 25-30 was sporting a Yankees’ hat...at least 90% sure.

That scene where he’s playing catch with his dad always gets to me...especially since my father passed away and we used to do the same thing in the backyard every night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Exactly. JR is giving up a 35,000 plus gate for this, that won't move the needle of one person becoming a White Sox fan. I would imagine he would think this was a better idea if he was the visitor.

I'm guessing MLB will compensate the team.

Far too many curmudgeons on this board (I know it's a shock). Its a game have fun. I know my idea if fun is much different than most on this board (bat flipping) but playing games in small stadiums in different places would be fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Imagine that game having playoff implications for BOTH teams .... 

If the current Sox ownership gets off its collective ass and decides to finally treat this team as the major market powerhouse it was historically intended and expected to be, this could more than just dreams.

Edited by GradMc