Field of Dreams Game: Sox vs. Yankees 8.13.20

GGajewski18

I’m a long time season ticket holder and called my rep to see what he knew about tickets and he said this is an mlb run event and the White Sox will not be selling tickets. He said more details at a later date.

I’m guessing with high demand and realistically just several thousand tickets available mlb may do some sort of lottery

On 8/8/2019 at 9:27 AM, fathom said:

For the record, is this considered a “pressure” game?  Just want to know what Ron can expect from Abreu

I expect Abreu to be on a team that is neither the White Sox nor the Yankees. Wherever he is, I'm sure he'll be cursing Rick Hahn for not bringing him back (with half a tin in his lip, of course)

23 minutes ago, palehose1 said:

I’m a long time season ticket holder and called my rep to see what he knew about tickets and he said this is an mlb run event and the White Sox will not be selling tickets. He said more details at a later date.

I’m guessing with high demand and realistically just several thousand tickets available mlb may do some sort of lottery

Crap. thanks for the info. I'm a season ticket holder as well and was going to ask about it at the game tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I expect Abreu to be on a team that is neither the White Sox nor the Yankees. Wherever he is, I'm sure he'll be cursing Rick Hahn for not bringing him back (with half a tin in his lip, of course)

I think he will be on the team next year.

I will be in the corporate tent at FoD. Of course the old unis will be featured by the team that started the wayback machine in 1990. TA was posing in one for the promo. I think the Yanks used to wear Yankees in print on their old roadies.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:56 PM, pcq said:

1901-1919 was a pretty good era then a 40 year drought. 

You don't think losing half of their roster in the gambling scandal had a lot to do with that? It shouldn't take 40 years to recover but 15 years probably was reasonable in a 16 team MLB, where the regular season meant everything. 

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Of course a condenscending cub fan had to say it: Think the Sox can sell out for this? 

Jackass

I doubt there will be many "baseball fans" in attendance. This is the first unique small setting game. The park will be filled with MLB officials, their friends and celebrities.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, Dick Allen said:

I've never seen the whole thing either. Just put a few rows of corn in the OF concourse and play the Yankees at home. Does anyone really care about playing on a fake field from a movie 30 years ago?

If the Sox are actually good next year, they are sacrificing a huge gate for nonsense. 

Christ almighty, bah humbug to you as well. lol

Yes, this is very unique and I love it. Combines a fictional/fantasy masterpiece about a love for the game of baseball with the real thing. What kind of a devoted contrarian does it take to not love this? 

You're really complaining about the "gate" it will cost the White Sox for one game? lol. Goodness gracious. Bah humbug, indeed. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

I doubt there will be many "baseball fans" in attendance. This is the first unique small setting game. The park will be filled with MLB officials, their friends and celebrities.

Your tickets were given to John Cusack and Jussie Smollett.

52 minutes ago, pcq said:

Your tickets were given to John Cusack and Jussie Smollett.

I hope it is not televised by Fox.  That would mean constant cutaways to whoever is starring in their upcoming programming. 

"Anna Kendrick is here enjoying the game.  She will be voicing the character of Lady Margaret on the new Seth Macfarlane animated mock history Upton Abbey.  Coming next month to Fox"

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, ron883 said:

Unfortunately for you, it sure seems like he will be back. If they don't sign Encarnacion to DH, he's probably the best option. As long as he is mostly DH'ing and out of the third spot and signs for cheap, I'm good with him coming back.

22 hours ago, wegner said:

I hope it is not televised by Fox.  That would mean constant cutaways to whoever is starring in their upcoming programming. 

"Anna Kendrick is here enjoying the game.  She will be voicing the character of Lady Margaret on the new Seth Macfarlane animated mock history Upton Abbey.  Coming next month to Fox"

How many celebs are really going to go and spend an overnight in Dubuque County, Iowa? I'm sure a few of the more legitimate baseball fan celebs will make an appearance. However, I don't exactly get the feeling that TMZ is going to find the event worthy enough to unleash their paparazzi all over Dyersville. lol

1 hour ago, Richie said:

How many celebs are really going to go and spend an overnight in Dubuque County, Iowa? I'm sure a few of the more legitimate baseball fan celebs will make an appearance. However, I don't exactly get the feeling that TMZ is going to find the event worthy enough to unleash their paparazzi all over Dyersville. lol

Overnight?

They'll be in limos and to the Dubuque airport as quickly as the 7th inning ends.

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, ChiSox59 said:

Sounds kinda cool. 

I was there in 2012, with the entire family, on the way home from a wedding in Iowa and it was a must stop to see. Just happened that there were 4 other Sox fans on the field at the time who pitched to the grandkids while I played a little left field. Had my picture taken about a half foot into the corn stalks in right field, but didn't see anyone in there. Of course had to buy my "Field of Dreams T-shirt and mug. A great memory!!  Forgive my reminiscing. I'll be watching.

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1