Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GGajewski18

Field of Dreams Game: Sox vs. Yankees 8.13.20

Recommended Posts

Memo to investors put $10T on the Sox to tank this one. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a long time season ticket holder and called my rep to see what he knew about tickets and he said this is an mlb run event and the White Sox will not be selling tickets. He said more details at a later date.

I’m guessing with high demand and realistically just several thousand tickets available mlb may do some sort of lottery

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 9:27 AM, fathom said:

For the record, is this considered a “pressure” game?  Just want to know what Ron can expect from Abreu

I expect Abreu to be on a team that is neither the White Sox nor the Yankees. Wherever he is, I'm sure he'll be cursing Rick Hahn for not bringing him back (with half a tin in his lip, of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, palehose1 said:

I’m a long time season ticket holder and called my rep to see what he knew about tickets and he said this is an mlb run event and the White Sox will not be selling tickets. He said more details at a later date.

I’m guessing with high demand and realistically just several thousand tickets available mlb may do some sort of lottery

 

 

Crap. thanks for the info. I'm a season ticket holder as well and was going to ask about it at the game tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I expect Abreu to be on a team that is neither the White Sox nor the Yankees. Wherever he is, I'm sure he'll be cursing Rick Hahn for not bringing him back (with half a tin in his lip, of course)

I think he will be on the team next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be in the corporate tent at FoD. Of course the old unis will be featured by the team that started the wayback machine in 1990. TA was posing in one for the promo. I think the Yanks used to wear Yankees in print on their old roadies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1901-1919 was a pretty good era then a 40 year drought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 5:56 PM, pcq said:

1901-1919 was a pretty good era then a 40 year drought. 

You don't think losing half of their roster in the gambling scandal had a lot to do with that? It shouldn't take 40 years to recover but 15 years probably was reasonable in a 16 team MLB, where the regular season meant everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Of course a condenscending cub fan had to say it: Think the Sox can sell out for this? 

Jackass

I doubt there will be many "baseball fans" in attendance. This is the first unique small setting game. The park will be filled with MLB officials, their friends and celebrities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, Dick Allen said:

I've never seen the whole thing either. Just put a few rows of corn in the OF concourse and play the Yankees at home. Does anyone really care about playing on a fake field from a movie 30 years ago?

If the Sox are actually good next year, they are sacrificing a huge gate for nonsense. 

Christ almighty, bah humbug to you as well. lol

Yes, this is very unique and I love it. Combines a fictional/fantasy masterpiece about a love for the game of baseball with the real thing. What kind of a devoted contrarian does it take to not love this? 

You're really complaining about the "gate" it will cost the White Sox for one game? lol. Goodness gracious. Bah humbug, indeed. 

 

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ptatc said:

I doubt there will be many "baseball fans" in attendance. This is the first unique small setting game. The park will be filled with MLB officials, their friends and celebrities.

Your tickets were given to John Cusack and Jussie Smollett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, pcq said:

Your tickets were given to John Cusack and Jussie Smollett.

I hope it is not televised by Fox.  That would mean constant cutaways to whoever is starring in their upcoming programming. 

"Anna Kendrick is here enjoying the game.  She will be voicing the character of Lady Margaret on the new Seth Macfarlane animated mock history Upton Abbey.  Coming next month to Fox"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, ron883 said:

I expect Abreu to be on a team that is neither the White Sox nor the Yankees. Wherever he is, I'm sure he'll be cursing Rick Hahn for not bringing him back (with half a tin in his lip, of course)

Unfortunately for you, it sure seems like he will be back. If they don't sign Encarnacion to DH, he's probably the best option. As long as he is mostly DH'ing and out of the third spot and signs for cheap, I'm good with him coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, wegner said:

I hope it is not televised by Fox.  That would mean constant cutaways to whoever is starring in their upcoming programming. 

"Anna Kendrick is here enjoying the game.  She will be voicing the character of Lady Margaret on the new Seth Macfarlane animated mock history Upton Abbey.  Coming next month to Fox"

How many celebs are really going to go and spend an overnight in Dubuque County, Iowa? I'm sure a few of the more legitimate baseball fan celebs will make an appearance. However, I don't exactly get the feeling that TMZ is going to find the event worthy enough to unleash their paparazzi all over Dyersville. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richie said:

How many celebs are really going to go and spend an overnight in Dubuque County, Iowa? I'm sure a few of the more legitimate baseball fan celebs will make an appearance. However, I don't exactly get the feeling that TMZ is going to find the event worthy enough to unleash their paparazzi all over Dyersville. lol

Overnight?

They'll be in limos and to the Dubuque airport as quickly as the 7th inning ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As close as I am to Dubuque (or Dyersville) never made the journey over there as of yet. And Ive had 30 years to do so 😣

But I did like the movie as cheesy as it got at times.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, ChiSox59 said:

Sounds kinda cool. 

I was there in 2012, with the entire family, on the way home from a wedding in Iowa and it was a must stop to see. Just happened that there were 4 other Sox fans on the field at the time who pitched to the grandkids while I played a little left field. Had my picture taken about a half foot into the corn stalks in right field, but didn't see anyone in there. Of course had to buy my "Field of Dreams T-shirt and mug. A great memory!!  Forgive my reminiscing. I'll be watching.

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure the Sox will have zero tickets available to the public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Pretty sure the Sox will have zero tickets available to the public.

Not surprising, but disappointing. Expect it to be quite expensive if you want to get in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raBBit said:

Pretty sure the Sox will have zero tickets available to the public.

Yes, seconding this. These are looking like they’re gonna be even scarcer than originally estimated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×