Game Thread 08/09/19- Oakland @ Sox

• bmags pinned this topic

Detwiler doesn't bother me like he does some of you.  If we used an opener he would be pretty good I believe.  Lefty who throws strikes works for me in a limited role.

Edited by poppysox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Detwiler doesn't bother me like he does some of you.  If we used a starter he would be pretty good I believe.  Lefty who throws strikes works for me in a limited role.

The only problem with Detwiler is he gives up a lot of meatballs 

10 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Detwiler doesn't bother me like he does some of you.  If we used an opener he would be pretty good I believe.  Lefty who throws strikes works for me in a limited role.

Yea he is definitely pretty good today.

Just now, fathom said:

Man you have low expectations 

This forum has talked many times of the need to limit innings next year for Kopech, Cease and Rodon.  Seems pretty reasonable to use openers in those situations.

Just now, poppysox said:

This forum has talked many times of the need to limit innings next year for Kopech, Cease and Rodon.  Seems pretty reasonable to use openers in those situations.

Sure, but idea is to have someone good facing top of the order and not a crappy pitcher

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If his role was to get one time through the order he would be serviceable.  Possibly an opener for Cease.

I mean he just gave up two bombs before he cleared the order but ok

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sure, but idea is to have someone good facing top of the order and not a crappy pitcher

Who would you suggest?  Next year when we have a lineup that can produce runs...you only need these 5th starter situations to keep you in the game.  Not necessarily throw shutouts.  I like our pitching for next year but some creativity will still be necessary.  One way to us a starter who is lefty is pair him with a righty starter.  

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I mean he just gave up two bombs before he cleared the order but ok

I've seen Sale give up 2 homers in one inning.  These small window observations don't mean a thing to me.  He's not walking the bases full nor loading the bases every inning.

Edited by poppysox

Just now, poppysox said:

I seen Sale give up 2 homers in one inning.  These small window observations don't mean a thing to me.  He's not walking the bases full nor loading the bases every inning.

Lmao yea man.  Mike trout struck out twice the other day we totally should have stuck with Yonder Alonso

9 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Who would you suggest?  Next year when we have a lineup that can produce runs...you only need these 5th starter situations to keep you in the game.  Not necessarily throw shutouts.  I like our pitching for next year but some creativity will still be necessary.  One way to us a starter who is lefty is pair him with a righty starter.  

Something I’m looking forward to with the Sox being good in the future is many in the fan base realizing just how much most of these guys sucked during the rebuild