Game Thread 08/09/19- Oakland @ Sox

I was referring to you using the 2 homers he gave up today as some form of meaningful proof of Detwiler being bad.  I simply pointed out that your point of view was wrong.  Even good pitchers have bad innings or for that matter bad games.  So in the end...I think Detwiler is better than you do...I can live with that.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Something I’m looking forward to with the Sox being good in the future is many in the fan base realizing just how much most of these guys sucked during the rebuild 

I agree.  We should always be trying to improve our roster no matter how good it is.  Five TOR starters would be great but sometimes you need to improvise until that goal is achieved.

Just now, poppysox said:

I was referring to you using the 2 homers he gave up today as some form of meaningful proof of Detwiler being bad.  I simply pointed out that your point of view was wrong.  Even good pitchers have bad innings or for that matter bad games.  So in the end...I think Detwiler is better than you do...I can live with that.

I believe the meaningful proof is his career but hey, you go ahead and ignore that just like you are ignoring that he couldn't get through the order once successfully 

• Like 1

I wish people would stop b****ing about the umpiring every friggin' game.  The umpires are inconsistent towards EVERY TEAM.  Ever watch SportsCenter?  Not a show goes by that they don't show some player or manager b****in' about balls and strikes---and that includes the best teams, not just the bottom feeders.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

I wish people would stop b****ing about the umpiring every friggin' game.  The umpires are inconsistent towards EVERY TEAM.  Ever watch SportsCenter?  Not a show goes by that they don't show some player or manager b****in' about balls and strikes---and that includes the best teams, not just the bottom feeders.

It’s only against us 😂

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I believe the meaningful proof is his career but hey, you go ahead and ignore that just like you are ignoring that he couldn't get through the order once successfully 

He got through 24 batters...even better than I expected.  Really kept us in the game.  Go Sox.

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

He got through 24 batters...even better than I expected.  Really kept us in the game.  Go Sox.

Jace Fry sucks but then again Mariano Rivera had a bad game once