Game Thread 08/09/19- Oakland @ Sox

41 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

They need to add bullpen pieces in the offseason if they want to compete next year

Ya think?  They used 4 pitchers today:  all 4 now have an ERA of between 5.02 and 5.63.

Edit:  the good news---Bummer (who some feel will have his arm fall off from overuse) now has had 3 straight days off.

Edited by bubba phillips
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Next year with Robert, Madrigal, and Moncada in the lineup... and some outside help from people like Yasmani Grandal and Joc Pederson...we will look a little more stellar offensively.

Truth.  Even accounting for growing pains we should be better than most teams’ lineups.   Not all, but probably most.  

I pity anybody who went to that game. It's what you'd expect though. A good team beating the bleep out of a bad team. We really have some bad baseball players to go with a few good ones. Sox are going to have to spend a lot of cash on the free agent market for suitable depth and suitable pitching.

Good luck, Rick. We need it.

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Watching the post screening. Sun directly on the screen. Cant even see the movie lol

They should at least give the fans free popcorn and peanuts after enduring that horrific baseball game. Or show Halloween after Field of Dreams. Horror.

30 minutes ago, pcq said:

The Oakland team was at Wrigley hence red line. 

Ha thanks...well they must have been well rested by the look of the score.

Sorry I've been doing a good job of ignoring the Cubbies lately so I have no idea who they are playing meaning I  didn't get the red line joke earlier today.