Bill Walton calling White Sox @ Angels Friday 8/16 with Benetti

Quin

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This will be awful, but entertaining.

Walton liked to give Bennetti crap about the White Sox during CBB games they did together.  

Awful, but entertaining is a good description of so many Sox games on the West Coast so ok I get it.

Good Lord....I'll listen for a bit...but not for 9 innings.  No way.  Benetti will just screw with Walton the entire time and just baits him into saying goofy shit.  My question is why on earth are they having somebody that doesn't know shit about baseball do a game?!?

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Not even Benetti will be able to carry that monstrosity. 

Not sure if you caught them out in Maui last year...but Benetti actually carried him pretty well.  Just pray it's not a 4-hour game....

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's a clown doing a bit. You couldn't pay me to watch this crap.

I can't imagine what Sox management is thinking.  This crap has nothing at all to do with baseball.  Whoever thought of it is just dumb.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I can't imagine what Sox management is thinking.  This crap has nothing at all to do with baseball.  Whoever thought of it is just dumb.

Or they're actually thinking about good marketing that will draw national attention and have people tune in.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Or they're actually thinking about good marketing that will draw national attention and have people tune in.

5 hours ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Some of you are acting like he's taking over as the full time color guy. He's doing one game this isn't going to affect you.

Yeah...this will really bring them into the fold.  Anyone who thinks this gets national attention is just wrong. It's a clown show...nothing more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Some of you are acting very close minded. There's no reason to be this irritable over a harmless one-game gimmick. Walton shouldn't have been on a half-inning yesterday; he really gave up part of his schtick. He was on fire rambling about wild stuff regarding baseball and his love of the Big A, etc. He should have saved it for the broadcast. But Our team is so pathetic how can some of u guys be against this? It's something different in a horrificly dull season.

Edited by greg775

• knightni changed the title to Bill Walton calling White Sox @ Angels Friday 8/16 with Benetti