Bill Walton calling White Sox @ Angels Friday 8/16 with Benetti

Quin

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Some of you are acting very close minded. There's no reason to be this irritable over a harmless one-game gimmick. Walton shouldn't have been on a half-inning yesterday; he really gave up part of his schtick. He was on fire rambling about wild stuff regarding baseball and his love of the Big A, etc. He should have saved it for the broadcast. But Our team is so pathetic how can some of u guys be against this? It's something different in a horrificly dull season.

Listening to a stoned Bill Walton talk to Benetti about baseball isn’t my idea of enjoyment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Listening to a stoned Bill Walton talk to Benetti about baseball isn’t my idea of enjoyment.

It's just one game. You guys remind me of Scrooge telling off Bob Cratchett for wanting off on Christmas Day: "It's just one day of the year, sir" was Cratchett's reply.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

It's just one game. You guys remind me of Scrooge telling off Bob Cratchett for wanting off on Christmas Day: "It's just one day of the year, sir" was Cratchett's reply.

But you also enjoy watching an aging and declining Abreu play everyday.  Who are you to judge anyone’s enjoyment from game to game?

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Some of you are acting very close minded. There's no reason to be this irritable over a harmless one-game gimmick. Walton shouldn't have been on a half-inning yesterday; he really gave up part of his schtick. He was on fire rambling about wild stuff regarding baseball and his love of the Big A, etc. He should have saved it for the broadcast. But Our team is so pathetic how can some of u guys be against this? It's something different in a horrificly dull season.

Walton is horrifically bad.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

But you also enjoy watching an aging and declining Abreu play everyday.  Who are you to judge anyone’s enjoyment from game to game?

I do. That is true. Personally if you look at Jose's 125 hits, 24 homers and 83 RBIs in 114 games, he has added some nice moments to a horrible season IMO. At least for me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, greg775 said:

there was a game yesterday?

23 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Get bent out of shape about the most inconsequential things, brehs. 🤣

Listen to Walton, breh.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/bill-walton-called-into-the-white-sox-broadcast-for-a-preview-of-his-mlb-debut-naturally-it-included-him-singing-and-having-no-idea-how-many-innings-in-a-game

He is either high or losing his marbles.  Or it’s the worst schtick / gimmick of all time.

2 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Or it’s the worst schtick / gimmick of all time.

Disagree. 

And also who cares, it's a one game gimmick for shits and giggles. Not everything needs to be some grand indictment of the organization. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:49 PM, Quin said:

Or they're actually thinking about good marketing that will draw national attention and have people tune in.

Idk about tune in, but he's bound to say something that ends up on 10 thousand instagram meme pages

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Idk about tune in, but he's bound to say something that ends up on 10 thousand instagram meme pages

The people who are tuning in at this time of year with a losing team tend to be actual baseball fans not casual catch a game once in a while folks IMO.  I feel disrespected when you subject me to this crapola  instead of talking baseball.  Actually...Jason didn't seem to know how to react to him.  Tom Paciorek would have been a much better choice for my taste.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The people who are tuning in at this time of year with a losing team tend to be actual baseball fans not casual catch a game once in a while folks IMO.  I feel disrespected when you subject me to this crapola  instead of talking baseball.  Actually...Jason didn't seem to know how to react to him.  Tom Paciorek would have been a much better choice for my taste.

The Score guys thought this was the greatest idea in the world and that Benetti was perfectly suited...that someone like Len Kasper would ruin it by not being able to play off Walton at all.

6 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It is an act. The guy is extremely bright. Coppock used to have him on all the time back in the day, and he , for the most part, played it straight.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

The Score guys thought this was the greatest idea in the world and that Benetti was perfectly suited...that someone like Len Kasper would ruin it by not being able to play off Walton at all.

They should have paired Walton with Hawk when he was here.  There might have come to blows.

Late to this party, but a little surprised at the Walton hate. People need to lighten up (no pun intended) a little. I'll be in Europe, so I'll miss this, but I still hope he drops some Dead stories during the broadcast. It'll be miles better and far more interesting than company-lining another garbage Renteria lineup and smiling through their performance. This is late August in yet another year of sub-.500 White Sox baseball. What, honestly, did you expect? Mute the broadcast and loop some Yakety Sax on the stereo if you want an honest call. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

Late to this party, but a little surprised at the Walton hate. People need to lighten up (no pun intended) a little. I'll be in Europe, so I'll miss this, but I still hope he drops some Dead stories during the broadcast. It'll be miles better and far more interesting than company-lining another garbage Renteria lineup and smiling through their performance. This is late August in yet another year of sub-.500 White Sox baseball. What, honestly, did you expect? Mute the broadcast and loop some Yakety Sax on the stereo if you want an honest call. 

Just follow through your IPad, very simple to watch/listen through MLB.tv as long as the connection is decent.

It’s probably dead of night there, but listening is easy to do without totally waking up and paying 100% attention.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Bill Walton calling White Sox @ Angels Friday 8/16 with Benetti
On 8/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

He was on the other night and sounded like a drug-addled fool. Maybe he will sober up tonight. Willful idiocy makes people irritable. His politics etc do not bother me.