Luis Robert and Nick Madrigal

KnightsOnMintSt

Assuming both these guys live up to the hype, and they're in the 2020 lineup and beyond, where would would you like to see these guys in the batting order?

Personally, I would have Madrigal lead-off and Robert bat second. I like the idea of Madrigal getting on-base, using his speed, and having Robert batting right behind him to knock him in.

The Sox were often times putting Robert first and Madrigal second when they played together in the minors; however, I see where Renteria (or was it Stone) said you can put Robert anywhere from 2 to 5.  Makes one wonder where they think he would fit best.   Madrigal would make the ideal #2 guy because he can give hit a ton of singles and doubles.  If the lead-off man got on base, he can drive him in.  If the lead-off man made an out, Madrigal can use his hit and speed tool to generate a one out spark.  I like Robert at #1; however, I probably would like him anywhere from #1 through #5 too.  With Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, Jimenez, Vaughn, and Anderson at the top of the lineup, things should be in quite good shape.

1.  Speedy RF with OBP.  Doesn’t need high slugging.  

2. Madrigal

3. Moncada

4.  Robert

5.  Jimenez

6. Vaughn

7.  TA

8. Collins/McCann/DH

9.  Collins/McCann/DH

its so hard.  Everybody is so good.  I think the key for me is protecting Moncada with Robert.  That will make Moncada a monster.  

2020:

01) Madrigal 2B

02) Collins DH

03) Robert CF

04) Moncada 3B

05) Jimenez LF

06) Abreu 1B

07) Anderson SS

08) McCann C

09) Garcia/FA RF

01) Madrigal 2B

02) Collins DH

03) Robert CF

04) Moncada 3B

05) Jimenez LF

06) Vaughn 1B

07) Anderson SS

08) McCann C

09) FA RF

Am I the only one who doesn't want Robert hitting leadoff? He very well might end up being the best hitter on the team...maybe even better than Moncada and Eloy. If that's the case, I want him hitting 3rd so he can drive in the guys batting in front of him (Madrigal and Moncada) who will hopefully get on base a ton.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

2020:

01) Madrigal 2B

02) Collins DH

03) Robert CF

04) Moncada 3B

05) Jimenez LF

06) Abreu 1B

07) Anderson SS

08) McCann C

09) Garcia/FA RF

01) Madrigal 2B

02) Collins DH

03) Robert CF

04) Moncada 3B

05) Jimenez LF

06) Vaughn 1B

07) Anderson SS

08) McCann C

09) FA RF

Batting Collins there is a great way to neutralize Robert and Moncada's speed

46 minutes ago, credezcrew24 said:

Batting Collins there is a great way to neutralize Robert and Moncada's speed

Doubt it would be an issue often, but I put Collins there because he's likely to have the best OBP on the team if he hits anything like he has in AAA recently, maybe excepting Madrigal if he hits for high average. Robert and Jimenez don't walk much, and Moncada has had the lowest BB% he's had at any level in what has otherwise been a breakout offensive year for him. Given all that, I feel that Madrigal and Collins would be the best table setters for a Robert-Moncada-Jimenez, who are the best power bats in the lineup. It might cost Robert a couple steals per year, but it also might save him a couple thumb injuries.

16 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Yoans gonna be an obp machine next year. He's just going to become more and more complete. 

I kinda like the idea of Yoan hitting 3rd if Madrigal can also pump up the OBP. 

Madrigal
Robert
Moncada
Jiminez
Abreu
Unknown but would be nice if LH
Anderson

You've got a top 3 including your potential future best hitter batting 2, OBP at slots 1 and 3, speed at the top, RBIs at slots 4-5, balance at the bottom of the order.