Sox and As game 3 rubber match

ScootsMcGoots

2 minutes ago, Baker said:

TA is about 30 plate appearances short of being in the rankings for the AL batting title. Otherwise he would be second behind LaMaheiu. He should qualify before the season ends. 

Nobody cares about that anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They don’t?  It would be cool if he leads league in hitting 

Nope. I don't think that anyone cares about  a player winning the batting title anymore. I think we've moved beyond that in terms of baseball knowledge. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

lol, the batting title is not about player evaluation. It is about the accomplishment.

But we've learned enough about baseball that the guy who wins the batting title has probably had a lot of batted ball luck. It means nothing. I don't think even players take it seriously anymore. So a guy had a good season and got lucky in the process. Big deal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I fucking hate Yolmer so much. He's the one Sox player ever with whom I can disregard my disgust for Joe West as both a human and an umpire to pin the blame for his failures entirely on the player himself. I'm going to throw a party when his ass gets inevitably DFAed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

But we've learned enough about baseball that the guy who wins the batting title has probably had a lot of batted ball luck. It means nothing. I don't think even players take it seriously anymore. So a guy had a good season and got lucky in the process. 

Players care, it's a prestigious thing to win as a part of baseball tradition, to argue against that is absolutely insane.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

But we've learned enough about baseball that the guy who wins the batting title has probably had a lot of batted ball luck. It means nothing. I don't think even players take it seriously anymore. So a guy had a good season and got lucky in the process. Big deal. 

If you win a batting title, it's always luck? Miguel Cabrera must've even lucky a lot in his prime

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Dude, this is a bad post. If you don't care about it, fine, but obviously a lot of people, myself included, do care about it. So you're incorrect to say no one cares, and the rest of your analysis is just know-it-all buzzkillery.