2020 Schedule

TheTruth05

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

How many days does Robert (and I guess Madrigal) have to stay in the minors to get that extra year of control? It's 11 right? So his MLB debut could be at home against Seattle on April 6th?

Yeah so judging by the schedule, they could debut during the Seattle series, but I have a feeling they'll wait until Friday 4/10 against the Twins

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah so judging by the schedule, they could debut during the Seattle series, but I have a feeling they'll wait until Friday 4/10 against the Twins

So if they did call him up that Monday, he would only be missing 9 games. And I would bet 2 of those games being played at a later date.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What do you want to have happen? Have teams in warm areas and teams with retractable roofs and domes host the first month of the season?

What you suggest here is crazy, unprecedented, and dare I say DANGEROUS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bjm676 said:

weird, they don't play Detroit until June.

Sox play 63 games before they play the Tigers, then play them 16 out of 45 games, then not again until they finish the season in Detroit. 

All in all, it's not a terrible schedule. Only one 3-city trip.

Weather? You never know. Hopefully some of the teams the Sox face, they have a lot of shared off days just in case. 

54 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What do you want to have happen? Have teams in warm areas and teams with retractable roofs and domes host the first month of the season?

52 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What you suggest here is crazy, unprecedented, and dare I say DANGEROUS

It would also be asking the warm market teams to give up their most valuable mid-summer dates to help out teams from colder climates, being on the road in July and home in April, which they don't want to do.

1 hour ago, bighurt574 said:

Yeah, August looks brutal.

September is no picnic either with the exception of the Royals and Tigers series.

It really could set up for a decent record going into August, and then a gradual fade away. But stuff happens- bad teams become good (hopefully us); good teams get injured and play bad.

But yeah, the last two months will be challenging.

6 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

So if they did call him up that Monday, he would only be missing 9 games. And I would bet 2 of those games being played at a later date.

Further destroying the argument that Robert and Madrigal should be up now or for 2020 opening day.  You don’t lose a full year of control over 9 or less games.

Edited by Moan4Yoan